- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
16 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Tykkimäen Sauna is the real summer paradise of Kouvola. They have public saunas but they also have an excellent outdoor terrace. It is the best and the largest lakeside terrace in Kouvola. You can enjoy coffee, beer, wine and small food portions (salads, toasts, meat pies etc.) there. Or you can buy a sausage and grill it yourself.
View is amazing. You see Lake (or Pond) Käyrälampi, Käyrälampi Beach, Käyrälampi Resort and Tykkimäki Amusement Park.
Many activities are also available, e.g. SUP boarding and pedal boats in the summer and rental equipment for ice fishing in the winter.
Walking distance from Tykkimäki Resort to Tykkimäen Sauna is 1.5 kilometers. So this is the must excursion destination for people staying in Tykkimäki Resort. Walking or biking distance from the city center of Kouvola (Manski Pedestrian Zone) is 5.7 kilometers. Tykkimäen Sauna is an ideal rest stop also if you are driving from Kotka to Mikkeli along highway 15.
Sometimes they have live music on the terrace. They want to be the best public sauna in Finland. At least the terrace cafe is the best one in Kouvola.
Written 13 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This sports park is a 20-hectare unique park. Few Finnish cities have a well-built sports park with diverse sports facilities right in the city center.
The sports park has a frisbee golf course, tennis courts, an indoor swimming pool, Lumo Arena, ice rink, KSS Energia Arena, baseball stadium, a central sports field for athletics and football.
The area is also excellent for picnics. In the middle of the park is a picturesque round pool with a fountain. There are also beautiful plantations.Written 16 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This park is located in the heart of Kouvola as the name is saying. The playground area for children is called Hampstapuisto. The park is not so special for adults.Written 16 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This park is located in the city center. It has a kindergarten, a playground, and a traffic park for children.
The park is best known for its stage which was originally completed in 1948 for the brass band of railwaymen. The park also has benches for the public and a fountain.Written 16 June 2020
- Urheilupuisto Swimming Hall (Urheilupuiston uimahalli) is situated next to Urheilupuisto Park. This swimming hall is quite old but architecturally it is very interesting and beautiful. The indoor pool is 25 meters long (1.5-4.5 meters deep, 6 tracks) and it includes a diving tower with three levels (1, 3 and 5 meters). They also have a small indoor pool for children (0.7-1.0 meters deep). The outdoor pool (6 x 20 meters, 0.8-1.2 meters deep) is open very seldom. Saunas are OK.Written 20 January 2020
- Visited the place as a privately booked event. The building looked very sketchy, but the actual venue was so cool! We were given a brief introduction to the place by the owners and after that we got to try out everything, no need to insert coins. I have never seen so many pinball machines in one place! The two hours we had reserved just vanished. Would recommend taking your time to play everything. The owner mentioned they had pinball games from 1980s to 2020s.Written 14 September 2022