Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in National Harbor
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Real cool spot to take pictures and see the water. It can be hard to get a picture at times because of the people. But if you are patience it's worth itWritten 8 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are enough restaurants to give you choices but it's not a huge area. There is a carousel and a ferris wheel (which we did not go on because it was extremely expensive) Overall it was a nice area to spend the evening with the kids.Written 22 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We always visit this harbor when we are in the area. It seems to be fairly well maintained and clean. Some of the shops still have limited hours but the restaurants are always hopping and they have a free outdoor movie on a big screen and other activities. The waterfront path is always beautiful and has many benches. Children have a carousel and a large sandy area to play in. There are many lifelike statues around and many sculptures. All in all we have stayed in several of the hotels over the years and have always had a good time. Some of the specialty shops are really nice and I always find a good buy for myself or a gift. The Ferris wheel is always nice whether during the day or lighted up at night. We have done both. A quick drive up a hill brings you to MGM CASINO and that’s a beautiful place with a wonderful lookout over the Potomac and Alexandria Va and plenty of parking. It’s always nice to just walk around there even if you do not gamble or stay at the casino hotel. Definitely recommend.Written 19 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best clean marina and customer service in town! NHR Marian services are impeccable! The manager (Kenny) takes pride in delivering stellar customer personalize service. I highly recommend adding this location as a must visit when cruising on the Potomac.Written 18 May 2020
- Cool outlet at the harbor. Many of the high street stores have outlets there. I have taken my dog there to walk around the area. I do wish more of the stores were dog friendly as it is an ideal location to bring dogs. The national harbor is right across the road and is a wonderful place to stop after shopping. The outlet can get pretty crowded on weekends and holidays.Written 10 July 2022
- Not your typical art studio. Very interesting and unusual pieces of art. Conveniently located in the center of the Harbor, near other shops and restaurants.Written 6 October 2016
- We ate at the burger plave name elevations burger. Was delicius also the mango shake was good.
You have many choices to eat on this areaWritten 26 November 2015
- Was a nice way to see the harbor. Very clean and we went around four times. Enjoyable time. Good way to get pictures.Written 17 September 2020
- We had a fantastic evening here. The talent these two men have is unbelievable!! Not only do they play piano but drums, harmonica, and Dave’s guitar talent is top notch! Their audience interaction and quips kept us all laughing.
Don’t miss this venue!!Written 13 October 2021
- It was an overall good experience, the actual web page made it seem like there were more games and activities face painting that would have been happening. The kids were given a pirate vest and that was it, so not the dress up costumes the actual website makes it seem like. The staff was helpful and funny made the best of it trying to interact with all the children and age ranges. The best part was going after the bad pirate with the water guns. Aside from the lack of costume/dress up temporary tattoos as the website states it was a good time, the kids had fun so that is all that matters. The staff did great even on the hot sunny summer day.
Bring and put on sunblock you will get burned out there in the sun there is limited shady area and if you want to be out on the deck with your child you will be in the direct sunlight.Written 3 June 2019
- Fun different kind of date, seats four if you need, but we went as two. (Paddle boats) they had other options also.Written 25 July 2022
- It seemed expensive until I realized the price was for unlimited rides. My 5 year old rode for half an hour. She loved it and my 10 year old was entertained as well. Would recommend.Written 22 July 2022
- Very nice place in the midst of all on the National Harbor. The food was very good. Wide range of sandwiches and appetizers. Worth a visitWritten 23 August 2021
- Excellent location and easy to get too. Lots of TV’s and cold beer. Service is horrible and the food is just ok. Indoor and outdoor options for seating.Written 22 December 2019
- This rooftop lounge features a wrap-around terrace, offers an outdoor area where you get wonderful views of National Harbor, to get in you must be a guest of the resort, it's located at 18th and 19th (VIP) floors of the building, drinks were well prepared and service was good, music is not diverse but we did enjoy the house, pop, hip hop mix from the house DJ, atmosphere was very pleasant.Written 4 December 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about National Harbor