- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I traveled with my siblings to Valga, Estonia and we decided to visit the Valga Cemetery and memorial (2 sites). We did use the GPS coordinates, 57 degrees, 47'30''N, 26 degrees, 4'9'' E (previous site) and found it no problem. Once you get to the sites, you might spend 30 minutes or less here. We spent about 15 minutes, as we read up on the site before going and there isn't much to see here but its still worth looking at if you are in the area.
On the way out, we figured out that the sites are possible to find even without a GPS but you would need to look for the brown monument signs off of the main Road (Kuperjanovi) near Roheline. Then proceed towards Roheline. The memorials are behind trees or down small paths. There isn't a lot of walking as the sites are small and the walking is not hard or complicated. I would still wear long pants and closed shoes because of the grass but this is not intense. If you drive between sites, the sites are about 2-3 minutes apart. One site is a memorial that says 1941 (not fenced) on it and the other site is the cemetery, which is fenced in except for a few small openings in the front.
The signs telling you about the history of the sites are pretty washed away when I went. So try to read up on it before you go. I would not recommend getting a guide for this unless it's really extensive on the history because it might not be worth it financially. This area is not touristy, so there are no bathrooms or food in walking distance. If you can find Roheline (immediately off of Kuperjanovi) then you will find it. But just note that you have to drive through the trees a little. Trust your judgment if you see clearings or benches then you are near the sites. There is a bench near the memorial only. The cemetery is down a smaller road, but its not that far in. Ensure you have a car that isn't that low or drive slowly. We were driving a toyota Yaris and that is pretty low to the ground, so just be careful, as this area is wooded. if you are into hiking and outdoors, all of this is within walking distance of each other. So you can park by one site and then walk to the other.
On a side note, if you decide to drive down the cemetery road instead of parking outside by the washed out site sign, you will find that you will be blocking the road, as this is one way and you will likely have to reverse all the way out, as there are really no places to turn around.
If you are in Valga and need somewhere to stay, stay at the Hotel Metsis (or Metsis Hotell) on Kuperjanovi - which is excellent and safe. It is seriously a few minutes up the road (by car) from the cemetery and memorial.
Enjoy!Written 21 September 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Town Hall, a nice old building of the city of Valga that lies right on the borders of Estonia and LatviaWritten 17 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is most joyful statue. I love this. This makes smile when you can see such happy person figure. This is at the park, this is beautiful and peaceful place. Very beautiful!Written 10 August 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The big bust of a man close to the main road belog to Alfred Neuland. He was the first medalist from Estonia on Olympic games. Stron face on the monumnet can remind about his power. In old age, when he finifhed sports career, he was a normal worker in A. Le Coq brewery in Tartu.Written 20 November 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The main church of Valga Church with it's unique style of construction with it's small ladegast organ.Written 17 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.