- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
10 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- There are various routes through the woods. It is sometimes quite hilly. There is a place where one can bbq.Written 4 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Maupertuis Memorial: historical site for humanity and science with unique view over the Torne Valley in LaplandIn 1736-1737 was conducted a French expedition to determine the shape of the Earth. It was led by French mathematician and philosopher Pierre Louis Moreau de Maupertuis.. Maupertuis expedition’s purpose was to perform measurements to determine whether the Earth was round or flattened at its poles. Maupertuis was one of the leading philosophers and scientists of the Age of Enlightenment of the French Academy of Sciences.
Maupertuis was accompanied by Alexis Claude Clairaut, Charles Étienne Louis Camus and Pierre Charles Le Monnier, all astronomers themselves. The expedition also included Reginald Outhier, and Swedish scientists, the famous Anders Celsius and Anders Hellant.
Northernmost measurement site was the Kittisvaara Mountain, located about 3 km north of the Pello’s center. A Maupertuis Memorial was erected on Kittisvaara Mountain in 1956 to commemorate the expedition. The monument as such is rather modest but actually the whole Mountain Kittis creates the memorial with unique views over Tornio Valley. By visiting the site you can experience the views that the unique scientists lived in 18th century.
The access to site is easy in summer : in winter apparently you need skis or snow snow shoes to visit it.Written 2 February 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a fantastic place to see northern lights over the forest of finnish Lapland, there is wood, you can make a fire and eat under the northern lights.Written 13 October 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I was playing in Naamivaara Disc Golf with three generations: frisbee golf is a great activity for children and also for younger ones. It was rather easy to find this golf course (located some 20 km from the center of Pello), however they could improve the street signs. The disc course golf as such has a nice profile and the landscape is rich. The placement of the tees is rather well indicated. The place is rather free of mosquitoes (at least on that rather windy day when I was playing there with my family). Globally it was a very nice experience (you can easily spend 2-3 hours on that place).Written 28 July 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had an amazing experience on a 1 hour husky safari with 4 adults and 2 kids. Everything was well organised and you could see that the dogs were happy and well kept. Loved the fact that we could drive the sledge ourselves. The staff was very friendly. Special thanks to our guide Santtu and the owner Satu. We are locals with Scottish guests and this was our second time on their husky safari. Definately not the last one either.Written 3 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We enjoyed Ritavalkea again, it was our second visit in 12 months. Ideal for our teenager who can ski well, and our youngest who is still a beginner.
Prices are very correct (€24 for 2 hours, for the 2 girls). The guys are very helpful. They have a small cafe, items are reasonably priced and they sell ‘pulls’, donuts and other treats. Tue and Fri, they are open from 17:30-20:30, and Sat-Sun from 11:00-16:00, which is ideal.Written 12 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Naamisuvanto is a wonderful and professional company to go fly fishing with in Lapland. I spent a few days learning to fly fish for the first time and thanks to the amazing guide (Ari) and their overall attention to detail, the experience was everything I expected and more.
Naamisuvanto will provide you with the equipment. All you need to do is show up and enjoy the adventure.
I can highly recommend Naamisuvanto to anyone wishing to spend a few days in Pello/Lapland to catch a variety of fish and enjoy the beautiful scenery all while being exceptionally taken care of without a worry in the world. I am hooked! :)Written 14 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A nice brand new bowling in the center of Pello in Finnish Lapland (about 1km from the town hall). Place was rather difficult to find (better road signs would be useful, especially for those who do not understand Finnish, like foreign tourists). The bowling is inside an old school building (from the outside it's hard to believe there is actually a bowling inside...). Technically talking this very new bowling was working very well and the staff was friendly. Decoration inside is still rather "sterile" (maybe because it is so new). A nice way to spend couple of hours in Pello, especially if it is a rainy days. This bowling fits also to families with chidren over 10.Written 4 October 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This company, based in Pello in Finnish Lapland, realizes fishing excursions in the very beautiful Miekojärvi Lake. Miekojärvi is called "Arctic Circle" lake. In this lake you can get for example nice zanders or pikes. Most of the people come to Pello and to Tornio River Valley to fish salmon, but if you have time and money you can also try lake fishing in Miekojärvi Lake. Starting of the fishing trip is in Miekojärvi fishing harbor, which is easy to find.Written 20 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pello
- The best outdoor activities in Pello according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Pello on Tripadvisor