Top Attractions in Gialova
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very beautiful beach on the Western side of Pelopponese, close to Pilos. The water is crystal clear blue or turquoise, the beach is covered in fine sand, and some trees bordering it offer a nice shade. The beach is very long, so it isn't very crowded (at least it wasn't at the end of September, when we went there). It is quite shallow at first, so it is also suitable for families with small children.Written 5 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- After our successful kayaking we decided to try another activity with Explore Messinia and it was a great choice! We started at 09:30 and proceeded to the Old Castle uphill. I can tell a lot about breathtaking views we saw on our way, a great experience of dwelling into the history, sitting under thousand old olive tree where our ancestors were spending time, dreaming, chatting, laughing and singing. Getting to a highest point and admiring a unique view of Voidokilia beach! Even though there was some challenge of getting downhill, but it worth it and all family members felt proud that they did it! Nestor cave was also an unexpected experience of the unique natural sight. And as a prize diving into a crystal water of Voidokilia beach with a lunch on the seaside. Highly recommend this activity for families, a very good experience of team building for the family. And huge thanks to George for our fantastic experience!Written 1 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Do not follow google maps to get there. Then you arrive on a difficult road were you get stuck with your car. If you finally arrive the falls are really nice and refreshing. The path to get there is really not that hard as mentioned in other reviews.Written 15 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I hadn't planned to visit these waterfalls but I saw the sign on the road and made an impromptu diversion. I was so glad I did. I walked 10 minutes to the main set of waterfalls along a moderately challenging (in parts) path and was greeted by a lovely bonus sight. Well worth a diversion.Written 7 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We booked a 3 hours trip to Sfaktiria and we loved the experience. Captain Giannis was very friendly and guided us through the history of the region. We had multiple stops to watch the landmarks and dive in beautiful waters. We would certainly recommend the experience and would do it again.Written 28 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This golf course is starting a revolution.
Just as the Greek revolution began in the hills of Messenia, and was ended in Navarino Bay, this course is already making the Pylos area a destination for serious golfers.
The views are spectacular, of course. Of the 18 holes, at least a dozen looks out to Navarino Bay. Three holes play right along the water, and five others either approach or tee from the bay. And then another four or five tower over the grand vista.
Of the holes that run back into the olive groves (holes 11-15), the beauty is no less. Imagine golfing in Tuscany. Like Pebble Beach, you turn back to the beach for the final holes.
And like Pebble Beach, all those pretty views can make you forget you are playing a wonderfully designed golf course.
The layout and bunkering is clever and challenging. The elevation changes and slopes of the fairways and greens make you have to earn your ouzo. Several creeks and barankas cut alongside and across fairways, always placed to provide risk against reward, luring your shots like the Sirens to Odysseus.
The newly installed clubhouse is a wonderful place to enjoy that ouzo when you're done. Or maybe encourage you to try again.
-- Bill Antholis, Charlottesville, VA, USAWritten 28 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The beauty lounge is absolutely stunning, amazing deco, serene atmosphere. I had a mani/pedi with Anna, who is a total expert. I had a problem on a toe that she immediately noticed and managed to treat, like a podologue would do. She also gave me excellent advice and did a gorgeous job. I highly recommend Anna and I will be sure to ask for her when I return! Thank you Anna
HeleneWritten 28 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went there in August to enjoy a cocktail and realized that the offer shezlong chairs at the beach were you can have your drink with sea and stars view. Nice music and summer breeze are both met in this beach bar.Written 30 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Beautiful area, from Gialova it is possible to walk the beach for the whole inner (sea facing) lagoon, join the road at bridge/fish farm and continue on the road and path to Vidoikillia (?) but allow some 90 minutes.
Refreshments at Lagoon, as there is nothing afterwards.Written 27 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A unique store, with plenty of equipment to rent for our vacation. Everything was in an excellent condition and the service was right on time as promised. I recommend it strongly to people who want to enjoy their vacation on the bikes or in the waves!Written 3 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Gialova
- The best outdoor activities in Gialova according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Gialova on Tripadvisor