Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The Kamphaeng Phet historical park - town centre; is on R101 just 500m east of the River Ping bridge. Inside the old 16th century town walls are many impressive laterite ruins. This quiet and beautiful large park is well cared for with trees and grass areas. It is approximately 1km by 300m. Entrance is 100thb. It is a must see.Written 20 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This old temple situated in Kamphaeng phet historic park. It good spend time bicycling around the park, no rush. Enjoy ancient temple, taking photos once in a life time.Written 11 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not a big area but the uniqueness exists. It shows the beautiful buddha images on four sides differently: standing, reclining, sitting, walking.Written 22 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wat Phra Borommathat Chediyaram is located at 16.479555 N, 99.510370 E 16°28'46.4"N 99°30'37.3"E in the Nakhon Chum neighborhood. The gorgeous golden chedi was built in the mid 19th century from the ruins of an original 14th century shrine. It is quite beautiful at sunset. Take care to avoid the packs of dogs at the temple. We witnessed two vicious fights in ten minutes. We carried sticks home after this. Often we take out full size umbrellas to confuse angry dogs by opening and closing the canopy quickly while pointing it in their direction. Kind people in the neighborhood called dogs away from us a few times. The residential area has loudspeakers that play nice traditional music for several kilometers. It is a pleasant and friendly community.Written 25 October 2018
- This temple was about 50 mts from my guesthouse so I could visit daily. It is in a beautiful setting and besides containing a large library, it safeguards a lot of local treasureWritten 26 February 2017
- The difference between this Wat and others is the collection of seated Buddhas. A nice shot and an easy stop in the townWritten 26 December 2017