Outdoor activities in Sorong
Top Outdoor Activities in Sorong, Indonesia
Outdoor Activities in Sorong
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
23 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Scuba & Snorkelling • Surfing & Windsurfing
Scuba & Snorkelling • Stand Up Paddleboarding
Multi-day Tours • Sightseeing Tours
Multi-day Tours • Scuba & Snorkelling
Multi-day Tours • Scuba & Snorkelling
Multi-day Tours • Scuba & Snorkelling
City Tours • Scuba & Snorkelling
City Tours • Taxis & Shuttles
Multi-day Tours • Cultural Tours
Multi-day Tours • Scuba & Snorkelling
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I was there to spend my spare time with my friends,sometimes when we finished playing football we went to the beach too.
Tanjung kasuari beach has become one of the destination to all people who lives in this city.Written 15 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- don't be afraid to Try their traditional food, and seafood. on May 2017, the beach is under renovation for reclamation, but the restaurant is still openWritten 23 May 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our 7-day liveaboard cruise was nothing short of amazing! We cannot say enough about how much fun we had! The crew was so kind and took care of us at every turn. The food was consistently delicious, and ranged from authentic Indonesian cuisine to Western dishes. Dylan, our cruise director, was very professional in running our trip, but also fun and lighthearted. He ensured that all guests were happy and enjoying themselves. His knowledge of Raja Ampat and all that it has to offer was impressive. Our daily activities varied between the most awesome snorkel dives, to on shore island visits, karst treks, birdwatching and beautiful swims in the magnificent blue waters. The diversity of marine life, flora and fauna of Raja Ampat are a wonder to behold. We will definitely return, and hope to board the Wisesa again some day.Written 22 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Raja Ampat is stunning. Matt and Ange (from Expedition Engineering) organised a wonderful trip for us and our friends. It was great to fall out of our kayaks into the sea and view such wonderful wildlife. The fish were outstanding and the coral fabulous.
Our accommodation on board was very comfortable and the meals great. We couldn't have hoped for a better trip. A wonderful way to spend nearly 2 weeks in waters near the equator. Highly recommended.Written 2 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I loved our kayaking trip in Misool. Nicklas and the whole team were so friendly and helpful. Owen and Marcos we’re wonderful guides. The kayaking was the perfect amount for us and we also enjoyed the other activities - climbing to the view points, snorkeling, and exploring caves. Misool itself is a truly magical place - surreal, really. Visiting jellyfish lake was the highlight of the trip - a zen experience! Yapap homestay was a great home base too. Highly recommend this trip if you have a sense of adventure!Written 26 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had an Blast on this Trip with so many Impressions we will never 4get.
If you dont mind to sleep in fairly basic Conditions and be together with 12 Ppl and 6 Crew for some Nights this is the Trip 4 You.
The Pricing is absolutely correct and you won't find anything comparable in Sorong.
The Crew and the Guides are ALL good hearted and fine People and the Boss Deni cares a lot about his Crew.
We had an excellent Cook on Board who's Name was Marvil and we enjoyed every Meal.
The Tourleader Roli is such an great Guy and his daily Briefings are legendary.He is also one of the best underwater Photographers i ve seen.
We did an 10D10N Trip to Misool and the Speedboat was operated by Roja and Ciko the two Guys who kept us safe during every Snorkeltrip and Trekking to Caves and Mountains and showed us an incredible and intact Eco System above and under Water.
We highly recommend to book your Trip with this Guys..you wont find anything better in this PriceclassWritten 14 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Boat, The Crew, The Food!
First of all Fenides boat is so beautiful. It looks more like a Luxury Bali Villa than a liveaboard for diving. I’ve been on a few dive liveaboard boats from the Maldives to the Galapagos and don’t have an experience like this before. Not even close. It’s very instagrammable !
The crew is the best there is. Not only they are friendly and nice, they are also very able! Their
hospitality is more like being in a luxury 5 star resort than in a dive boat. They are instinctive to everyone’s need even if we don’t ask for it. From the boatmen, dive guides, housekeeping, bartenders, etc. They are the epitome of Service Deluxe. Our cabins are cleaned 2x a day and we never see him inside of the room. It’s magic !
Fooood is amazing and beautiful. Everyday is a feast! We get minimum 10 varieties on the table for lunch and dinner. We get tailored breakfast daily. Really whatever you feel. Pancake is a given , but do u want granola & yogurt? mi goreng? friend rice? congee? mi soup? We get pre bfast, bfast, lunch, meryenda (afternoon snack), dinner. And we get table setting… I mean really?! we feel like we need to dress up for the meals. EXTRA! is what Fenides is
My friends and I were in diving Banda Sea in Oct. Even on days when diving is not great, you forget it once you come back the boat with welcome drinks, every dive, different !!!
The dive boat is equipped with new gears for rentals, all size and all brand new. What do you need? They’re there at your service. And everyone is respectful and professional.
It’s out first divetheworldclub trip post pandemic. It is perfect!!
If you can afford it, you must book it!Written 2 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I don't write many reviews, but here I'd like to make an exception. I've done many liveaboards and Ilike really still stands out. I was on board from 30/08/2022 to 12/09//2022 on the route Maumere Saumlaki.
It's hard to describe, but I'll try anyway. The super tasty food and beautiful dives are the great foundation and many smaller things top it off. The fantastic crew ensures that you really don't have to do anything, just put your arms in your jacket and go...
Putting on your wetsuit is the least fun part of diving, but the help with taking it off and putting it on is a pleasure. The hot towel or hot chocolate milk after a night dive are a delight. The excellent organization and detailed breefings are exceptional.
And if you can finish all that with hammerhead sharks then I can do nothing else but recommend this to everyone.Written 19 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There were 3 of us on a week long diveaboard with wicked diving. We spent this time in the beautiful and remote Komodo national park The diving was out of this world.! We saw so much, every dive! The coral reefs are fantastic and the "wildlife" like none other. We had 4 different manta encounters and even saw mantas competing for a female in a courting dance. Simply amazing! The staff on board were so so good! Food was highly satisfactory and plenty of it. The crew was so helpful and all skilled in knowing the dive spots which as mentioned were superb. I highly recommend this wicked diving but also must mention that these currents in komodo are swift and can unpredictable but quite honestly, that was half the fun. Special shout out to our friend Clement , dive instructor extraordinaire, our dive gudies Agee, Jorgan and Engle. The rest of the staff was great too. We will be returning!!!Written 28 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- MSY Seahorse is an amazing and especially beautiful boat that fulfills all your expectation. The air-conditioned cabins and bathroom are cosy and have enough space to store your belongings. The sundeck is the place I've spent most of my surface time. It was so nice and relaxing. The food is incredible delicious and also the snacks are always so tasty. They even provide massage, which is so good I took one every second day.
The crew is a very good team. Most of them are working with Wallacea since many years and you can see, they know each other very well and have a good spirit. They are always in a good mood, laughing a lot and make you feel comfortable from the beginning. It's like a big family.
Nico is the best cruise manager I've ever met: polite, calm but also funny and he always puts safety first. He has an impressive knowledge about the marine life and the enviroment. You'll get caught easily by his enthusiasm and motivation. He'll also help you out with anything and give his best to sort out your problem.
Also the booking team is very reliable, helpful and friendly. You'll always get a response in a shot time.
The whole Wallacea team is taking care of their guests very well. They make sure, you're gonna have an awesome and unforgetable time on your lifeaboard trip with them.
Terima kasih guys for everything, I enjoyed it to the fullest and hope to dive with you soon again.Written 14 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I'll be honest right up front. The reason I used the Indo Siren was because I received a considerable discount stemming from my trip with their sister company on the Galapagos Master. Nevertheless I was pleased overall with the boat. The cabins are large and beautiful on this all wood boat with ample A/C and typical ensuite bathrooms. They have TVs in the cabins and a large one in 1 of the salons with a hard drive full of movies...I never watched it. The food was good but not spectacular. The dining area is outside which was fine but a little warm at lunch time. The 2 lounge areas were not adequately cooled but otherwise OK. The dive deck is large in the stern but you board the dive boats (RHIBs) on the side due to the design of the boat. The crew was very helpful and friendly and I never felt unsafe.
The diving is simply awesome. Isn't that why Americans are willing to travel so far? We had 1 wannabe Junk-style boat (the Aurora) shadow us most of the trip in north Raja Ampat but never had competition for the sites. I seldom have 1 particular dive blaze into my memory but Melissa's Garden did. The amount and variety of hard coral is unreal. The amount of fish on every dive was amazing. We even saw some mantas even though April is not the season for them. I always to see more large pelagics but they were not abundant. It was my first time to experience woebbegong sharks...how cool they are. We did 4 night dives and usually 3 dives during the day. I've been on liveaboards where the dive schedule was more aggressive but over the 9 nights trip it was adequate. The dive crew provides outstanding service - whatever you need/want done. Even though this diving is not really for the less experienced they got around that by dividing us into 3 groups based upon experience. With my group we did the more aggressive dive aspects of each site and usually had bottom time of 60+ minutes.
We were blessed with good weather. I understand it can rain quite a bit in Raja Ampat but we had only a little. And the wind was minimal and thus the surf. In the morning and with sunset the temperature is very nice. I took a rain jacket but never used it. I took my LavaCore and my Pinnacle 3mm but only used the LavaCore. Bring your reef hook and I recommend gloves even though they discourage them for the record.
They also gave us some shore excursion/beach time without impeding the dive schedule.
I definitley recommend overnighting in Jakarta before and after as they recommend before flying into or out of Sorong. I stayed at the FM 7 hotel which was close to the airport and nice. I was unable due to calendar conflicts but I'll always regret not spending at least a few nights in Tokyo on my return...Written 30 April 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are looking to book a liveaboard, premier is great, and Jez is the BEST! He listened to what we wanted and worked tirelessly making sure to find us exactly what we were looking for! Thanks Jez!!!!Written 11 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We booked a 4 days tour with Raja Ampat biz operator and I can highly recommend this agency.
Everything was good, in time and well arranged.
On our request guys included in the tour program snorkeling at Manta point though it was initially excluded.
Unfortunately we haven’t seen mantas but really enjoy the snorkeling there. It’s real underwater paradise.
Accommodation at Dive resort was good and special thanks for delicious dinners cooked by the staff.
The only recommendation is to inform guests that they should order lobsters/ shrimps a day in advance. We did it in the morning and it was too late to catch it.
And please, make more underwater pictures with fish and corals - it’s a real good memories to have.
Thanks!Written 25 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Perfect service,
Contacted (e-mailed) Sorong tours before departing UK for Raja Ampat, a guide (Lina) was on hand at the airport to greet us before taking us to the harbour to purchase ferry tickets to Waisai.
We were taken to the ferry and assisted with boarding & luggage etc.
Lina was there to greet us on return leg too, we were collected from the ferry and transferred to Airport in comfy SUV vehicle.
Well done Sorong tours, I recommend for Airport transfersWritten 17 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Highly recommended company for Sorong airport to harbour transfers, Lina met us at the airport, took us to the harbour, purchased tickets with us and dropped us right at the ferry, even assisted with baggage, same on return leg, it was a relief to see Lina standing there as the Waisai to Sorong ferry docked, we were taken in comfort back to Sorong Airport, two perfect transfers, thank you Sorong toursWritten 17 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sorong
- These places are best for outdoor activities in Sorong:
- Tanjung Kasuari Beach
- Pantai Dofior
- Cruising Raja Ampat - Wisesa Liveaboard
- Expedition Engineering
- Raja Ampat Adventures
- These are the best places for groups seeking outdoor activities in Sorong:See more outdoor activities for groups in Sorong on Tripadvisor