Top Attractions in Ahangama
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We’ve assays wanted to visit a tea plantation and this estate was perfect en route to Galle. The guide was knowledgeable and a proper character. We loved learning about the tea process and the cuppa on the veranda ( with chocolate cake )
The old factory was fascinating as were the old pieces of machinery still in use. We tasted and purchased tea in the shop at the end , mainly to support the estate but also as a memento of a great couple of hours.Written 1 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great beach with a soft, golden sand, nice and clean, ideal for surfers, beginners and advanced alike, with a beach restaurant, some sun beds and quaint surf shacks to let you spend your day well. No vendors around.Written 20 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I have been here with my friends on Sri Lanka new year, well really appreciated its own temple, and monk gave us a pray and also show us ancient religious books in different languages
Recommend to visit , relaxing feeling here
Prair BWritten 24 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Surf School Sri Lanka is hands down the best surf school that I have attended. And I’ve gone to many. What makes Surf School Sri Lanka a cut far above the rest is its holistic philosophy about surfing and coaching surfing, one that all the instructors share and implement. Their effective and expert method of coaching was conceived by the school’s founder Tim and has been passed down to Tim’s son Dan and then shared with the other instructors, Ellis and Taraka. This means that all the instructors are on the same page when it comes to helping you become a better intermediate or advanced surfer. Dan and his crew are gifted and passionate teachers. They know just the right way to explain their coaching techniques and to encourage you, whether it’s in the sandpit during the helpful land practices before and after the two-hour surf sessions; in the water during those two-hour sessions (note that they surf at only one spot, but it’s a good spot, and Dan will give suggestion on where else to surf in the afternoons or on days off); or inside the school during the thorough and exhaustive (but not exhausting!) video coaching that happens at the end of every day. A typical day, which goes from 6am to 12:30/1:30pm, is intense but also really fun. Dan is as gifted with storytelling and jokes as he is with surfing and teaching, and this makes for a good time. The yummy Sri Lankan breakfast after surfing helps too! Amazingly committed to his role as a teacher, Dan is always there for you--before, during, or after attending Surf School Sri Lanka. And Ellis can give you a lovely hug if you are having a discouraging day. A truly exceptional surf school.Written 3 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What a great time I had with guys at Watermelon SurfCamp in Sri Lanka!! Best experience ever!
Came as a solo-traveler. The place itself is wonderful. Very green and cozy. Room numbers are simple but clean and comfortable. Food is super nice- continental with adaptive asian. At the camp you may have variety of activities- chill in hammocks, play with balance boards, do yoga, watch movies on projector, play games, have shisha, whatever you want. The beach is very close to the camp, so you may enjoy the sun and ocean. Guys are very friendly, helpful and attentive! Feels like being at home with big family!Love it! They helped me with recommendations to explore Sri Lanka, and where to look for hidden gems ;) The surfing classes were amazing!! You're getting all you need for that- theory, briefing, equipment, transfers to the surf spots, instructor in the water and discussions of classes based on photos and videos taken on classes. You're getting recommendations on technique and it's easier to work on improvement. Basically, you're able to stand on board from the first class. Can't express how much fun and joy I had! I reeeeeally appreciate the support I had and sincerely enjoyed every single class. Sri Lanka is beautiful island with a diversity in nature. It's very green and authentic. You'll enjoy it for sure!
Highly recommend Watermelon Surf Camp!!! love them!Written 23 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you want to try something different while in the area, we highly recommend this SUP experience with Kev! You’ll see wildlife (freaking giant bats), have a drink with a local family in a village and see beautiful scenery. Kev is a great guide and made sure we were fine all the time as it was our first time paddling.Written 20 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We arrived at 9:00 to a beautiful setting. The villa and cinnamon plantation is stunning and the guide was so wonderful. We loved our tour of the cinnamon fields and the demonstration of the harvest. The delicious iced tea and cinnamon cookies were an added bonus. We would absolutely recommend this tour! It is well worth the tripWritten 10 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What a great way to learn how to cook Sri Lankan style. Deevi was a lovely teacher with good English. She let us have a go at everything from breaking open a coconut to using the huge pestle and mortar to using a traditional coconut grater and lots of chopping. The result was amazing and delicious as we sat down to eat everything we’d cooked.Written 12 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I have been enjoying online yoga classes with Nadeera from Wedagedara Neem Spa for over a year now, having first met Nadeera whilst staying at a nearby hotel where he also works as their in-house masseur and yoga teacher. His approach is very professional and caring with each class carefully created to meet the needs of his clients. His massages are excellent too. I highly recommend his services.Written 24 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Maugli was our guide and he was excellent. He Knows many things about nature, the river and the animals that live there. He is very kind and helpful. I completely recommend this experience!!Written 18 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was one of the nicest vacations I have ever had, we did something different every day. New friends got to know the tastiest freshest food. Loved it so much. Hope to see you soon. Want to make this vacation every year. It was really special. Thank you!Written 9 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ahangama
- The best day trips from Ahangama according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Udawalawe Safari Day Trip from Hikkaduwa/Galle/Unawatuna/Mirissa (All Inclusive)
- Sinharaja Rain forest tours
- Udawalawe National Park Safari Tour - Private & Customize Tour
- Yala National Park Safari Tour - Private & Customize tour.
- Southern Coast Highlights from Unawatuna
- The most popular things to do in Ahangama with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Ahangama on Tripadvisor