Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Fascinating tour with a break to have tea and cake followed by tasting. Really recommend this. All teas available to purchaseWritten 1 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I am recommending the hotel, its location , the food , the rooms with wonderful views , the wonderful and helpful staff .it’s my fifth time and I always feel at home at this hotel.
I would specially like to recommend the front office supervisor Angel, she is alike her name, always helps,always with a smile and super professional. Also- Kevin the young receptionist who is there when you need help or have questions, with a lot of patience and again with a big smile on his face. Finally the waitress Pawani who was there every morning with lots of positive energy, kindness and professionalism. As days passed she knew what we wanted to eat .
In brief -such a wonderful stay in such a wonderful hotel. Enjoyed ever moment.Written 6 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have been here with my friends on Sri Lanka new year, well really appreciated its own temple, and monk gave us a pray and also show us ancient religious books in different languages
Recommend to visit , relaxing feeling here
Prair BWritten 24 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Prasada is amazing and he is doing such a great job. Truely the best massage I ever had. Very professional and so kind - worth every cent! If you have the chance you should book right now.Written 21 November 2023
- What a great experience, I learnt so much from Devi. You are an inspirational cook and teacher and the food we learnt to cook was so delicious.Written 8 December 2023
- I have been enjoying online yoga classes with Nadeera from Wedagedara Neem Spa for over a year now, having first met Nadeera whilst staying at a nearby hotel where he also works as their in-house masseur and yoga teacher. His approach is very professional and caring with each class carefully created to meet the needs of his clients. His massages are excellent too. I highly recommend his services.Written 24 October 2021
- Dan, Max and all of the staff provide surf coaching of the highest quality and really take care of you. It is no exaggeration that this surf school is in a different league to other surf schools in Sri Lanka, and across the world to be honest. Also there is so much included in the lesson package you book; early morning meditation, warm up, land based coaching and lectures, transport to the surf break, expert tuition and guidance in the water, breakfast afterwards, video analysis, and finally regular yoga sessions. All included. Simply top class.Written 7 December 2023
- Peter was excellent to communicate with throughout our trip. We turned up to Sri Lanka without booking a driver. Peter organised us drivers for each leg of our journey. Every driver turned up at the specified time, drove safely and were really friendly. Peter’s prices were very reasonable. I would not hesitate to recommended Peter and his team to anyone looking to travel around Sri Lanka. Thank you 🙏Written 22 August 2023
- It's the 2nd year I chose Malith's service as a driver and I can absolutely recommend him for reliable and reasonably priced pick-ups and transfers in the southwest of Sri Lanka (and probably all across the island). He was always on time and easy and pleasant to go around with.
Malith even picked us up at 3:30 am when our flight got delayed. He's always friendly and respectful. Next time I visit Sri Lanka I'll chose him again for going around and will certainly recommend him to my friends.Written 8 December 2023
- We booked the guided tour in the afternoon and enjoyed it a lot! We were welcomed with a delicious cinnamon ice tea, before the guide took so through the plantation explaining the process of cinnamon production. Very well organized and interesting. You even get to try parts of the process yourself and we also got to keep the cinnamon we harvested during the tour.Written 4 February 2023
- What a great time I had with guys at Watermelon SurfCamp in Sri Lanka!! Best experience ever!
Came as a solo-traveler. The place itself is wonderful. Very green and cozy. Room numbers are simple but clean and comfortable. Food is super nice- continental with adaptive asian. At the camp you may have variety of activities- chill in hammocks, play with balance boards, do yoga, watch movies on projector, play games, have shisha, whatever you want. The beach is very close to the camp, so you may enjoy the sun and ocean. Guys are very friendly, helpful and attentive! Feels like being at home with big family!Love it! They helped me with recommendations to explore Sri Lanka, and where to look for hidden gems ;) The surfing classes were amazing!! You're getting all you need for that- theory, briefing, equipment, transfers to the surf spots, instructor in the water and discussions of classes based on photos and videos taken on classes. You're getting recommendations on technique and it's easier to work on improvement. Basically, you're able to stand on board from the first class. Can't express how much fun and joy I had! I reeeeeally appreciate the support I had and sincerely enjoyed every single class. Sri Lanka is beautiful island with a diversity in nature. It's very green and authentic. You'll enjoy it for sure!
Highly recommend Watermelon Surf Camp!!! love them!Written 23 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Ahangama
- The best day trips from Ahangama according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Udawalawe Safari Day Trip from Galle/Unawatuna/Ahangama/Weligama
- Galle Day Trip with River Safari, Sea Turtle & Stilt Fishermen
- Sinharaja Rain forest tours
- Udawalawe National Park Safari Tour - Private & Customize Tour
- Kanneliya Rain Forest Tour