- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We were on a tour from Purmamarca to Humahuaca and then to Salta. This day we covered a lot of ground and felt it was a rushed trip as there was so much to see and do. We stopped briefly at the Painter’s Palette to take photos but would have liked to stay longer and see the varying colours during the day. The mountains were still very spectacular.
I would recommend an overnight stay in Humahuaca to have time to explore.Written 26 April 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- To my surprise, in the middle of nowhere 3 kilometers or so from Tilcara was this world class photography exhibition. I took a taxi and had him leave me there. Fortunately the manager was heading back into Tilcara when I was ready to go, otherwise it would've been a long, shade-less walk back to town.
Beautifully curated photos from known Argentinean photographers and local Jujuy/Salta based artists.
I went through the exhibition twice to take it all in again. Great work in there. Also a bit of an oasis around it due to irrigation water passing through the grounds. Beautiful surprise. Probably best to have a car (motorcycle might be difficult on the stony road) or a mountain bicycle or have the taxi wait for you.
they also had a room filled with photography books to lounge around and view work from photographers around the world.Written 31 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This cemetery is well worth a visit if you are passing. Graves are in the hillside and decorated with colourful artificial flowers. The hillside can be climbed and great views await at the top.Written 7 October 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.