Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
Popular things to do
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- good view, learned history, and easy to go there! the only downside is nothing much to see or do except some pictures.Written 2 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- the buses from ferry terminals to airport, to and from the hotel are frequent and very comfortable. the casino is as usual quite packed with people trying their luck at the casino tables, there are many eatery as well as a food court if you like fast foodWritten 7 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- …are pretty great and it’s fascinating to see how much the city in Guangdong has sprouted so quickly. However compared to lots of other viewing towers, it doesn’t seem like all that much thought has been given to the experience on the viewing platforms, other than funnelling people toward the very pricey air walk and bungee jump. Still, at its central aim, it’s great to see! Especially when walking on the glass and looking down, that’s a very good feature.Written 9 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lots of alleyways, glimpses of the old amongst the new, little cafes, little communities with a real fusion of Portuguese and Chinese.Written 24 January 2023
- The Senado Square is one the landmarks in Macau. Lots of shops, cafes and restaurants.
A very good walk from Senado to St Paul's Cathedral.Written 4 April 2020
- Coloane was a small island at the southern tip of Macau. Now reclaimed and connected with Taipa, the small village remains the serene vibe and has attracted tourists interested in the real, non-gambling side of the former Portuguese colony. A walk along the coastal thoroughfare is particularly carefree. Transport can be an issue as buses become full soon.Written 11 February 2023
- one of the best hotels in Macao as matter of fact double thumbs up for ambiance, cleaniness and serviceWritten 7 March 2023
- While gambling may be a relatively recent symbol of Macau, A-Ma Temple has long been the de facto landmark of the former Portuguese colony. This small worshiping place has not only witnessed the development of Macau from a secluded village to the Las Vegas of the Orient, but also reflected the city's maritime root. The structure is always popular and smoldered in burning incense.Written 10 February 2023
- Taipa is a must for all first-time Macau visitors. The small collection of alleys with colonial charm is the most popular attraction in the area. Nearly all tourist shops have an outlet here. This is also the best time to visit as the streets are not fully saturated at this moment.Written 10 February 2023
- Very nice set up with over 5 pandas, both children and adult can visit and enjoy. Be prepared to take photos and you can even buy souvenirsWritten 14 September 2020
- A nice place for contemplation, peaceful moments and to absolve positive energy from the sun, nature itself and the elements in it. You can enjoy birdwatching, admiring the fish and turtles swimming or resting under a shade.Written 11 August 2023
- First time to check inn at this hotel and they have a good service ,We went here to celebrate my 10th birthday of my son ,The room is cleaned and very classy,They have fruit amenities.Im very impressed by this property and the employees at the COD.Thank you againWritten 5 June 2021
- Going through the highest official bungee jumping experience on the planet was nothing short of breathtaking, the jump was even more astonishing than how I expected.
What added greatly to the experience was the skypark team with their friendly and effective attitude in giving me the valuable tips and then preparing me for the jump.
The checking and re checking of my equipment and my safety measures made me more comfortable and left no room for worrying at all.
With the exception of the reception lady who received me to finish up my registration at the top floor of the tower, who was a bit grumpy, everyone else was fun and friendly and extremely proficient.Written 29 April 2023
- While gambling has transformed Macau to a sprawling city, this small chapel has witnessed the changes and remains serene and peaceful. Loyal to the colonial root, Our Lady of Penha is a small institution of Catholicism. What makes it stand out is the unparalleled panorama of Macau. Even the skyscrapers in Zhuhai are easily discernible. Beware that the walk up hill can be challenging for some.Written 10 February 2023
- We made good use of their free shuttles from the ferry terminal which was quite convenient although crowded. We waited in line but it moved quickly. Coupon books were given when boarding the bus and we were able to receive a free umbrella each using one of the coupons inside. This is probably the most popular and oldest casino in Macau. It's much more like any other casinos in Las Vegas comparing to the time I came here forty years ago.Written 7 April 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Macau
- The best day trips from Macau according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Seat-In-Coach: One-Day Macau City Tour from Hong Kong
- Private Customized Macau Day Tour from Hong Kong
- SEAT-IN-COACH Macau Tour with simple buffet lunch from Hong Kong
- Private Day Tour to Macau from Guangzhou by Bullet Train
- Private Tour: Macau Day Trip from Hong Kong