Top Attractions in Gili Air
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Kenza is the nicest studio on the island, welcoming teachers with great knowledge and pace to their classes. The flows make you work but allow you time to make sure your alignment is correct, they also offer adjustments when needed so great for all levels. The studio is on the beach and is very light and airy. Highly recommend the yin for a brilliant chill and to relax the body!Written 23 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Cute little hideaway in the central area of Sengigi. Five minutes walk from the main happening area of town, though quiet and secluded. Fantastic A/C, very comfortable beds/pillows, spotless linen. Rooms situated around pool with sunny & shaded areas. Lovely friendly and helpful staff happy to assist you with any plans or ideas to help make your holiday. A great place to stay.
lessWritten 21 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I did have a great freediving experience with the instrcutor, Mickael who has surely dedicated himself to taking me through the basic knowledge, practical training in the pool&open water with great care, and patience. The most grateful thing was that he had a strong faith in each individual trainee, even those who are feared with the water, he showed big support for me to break through the fear of the water and held him accountable for the safety. I managed to go beyond my limit and was able to familiarize myself in submerging into the ocean. Without his great endeavor, I wouldn't have been able to get what it feels like having a relaxing breath under water. Definitely will pay a visit again for next level of freediving challenge !Written 17 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We just did two wonderful fun dives with Greg, the first one to turtle heaven and the second one to Hans Reef. He explained everything very good and made us feel very comfortable all the time so we could enjoy our time under water perfectly. We really enjoyed every second of the dive and would love to come back again to next level scuba dive school in the future. Also the way Annie and Greg build up their dive Center is really nice, everything looks clean and cozy :)
We can only recommend you to come here and make the best out of your time on the gilis :)
Happily Elisa and ZenoWritten 3 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Really enjoyed getting my PADI from here. They were accommodating to the fact that we only had 2 days on the islands so helped us get it quicker. They were lovely people to learn with and were safety conscious!Written 29 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a blast with Manta Dive!
Excellent service, and most of all kind and welcoming staff.
We finished our open water diving course with great pleasure and professional guidance.
We were accomponied by Jenni, the photographer, on our last dive.
She really took wonderfull - meanwhile very spontaneous - pics!
One year after our trip, I couldn't find these photos on my computer.
After one e-mail, I received them in my mailbox!
Excellent service, highly recommend.Written 22 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I booked a very last minute dive on Gili Air and contacted a handful of dive shops. Bibi from Gili Air Divers responded within minutes and I appreciated his prompt response so he had fighting chance to earn my business without any competition! He provided clear, thorough and helpful information about the dive shop and its policies so it was very easy for me to make an informed decision to work with him. He also was kind enough help me with some fast boat and lodging logistics.
The sho is bit of a walk from the harbor- its nat a negative, but you should be aware if you have a lot of equipment and luggage. You could hire the horse and buggy taxi as an option. I enjoyed the walk, as I got acquainted with some of the restaurants nearby that I ultimately ate it.
The dive shop property is quite big, well organized. I was assigned Didi as my divemaster who was friendly and had a good eye underwater. The instructor Harry was particularly friendly and we enjoyed talking during the surface interval. The rental gear that GID uses seems to be high quality and well ,maintained.
It was clear that all of the staff from Bibi on down, cared about my experience with the dive shop.
I had a wonderful time and wish them only the best.Written 12 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Holiday Fit Gym Centre was like an “oasis in the desert” fr me during the 8 months I sojourned on Gili Air Island. It’s not a “glamorous” gym. Yet, I appreciated the Owner, Tobias and his staff. Gili Air is known more for its yoga resorts...so finding a gym was a GIFT!Written 23 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had a great snorkelling experience with Johny. It was the first time I was going snorkelling and Johny helped me feel very comfortable. I felt safe and enjoyed the experience. Wonderful guys. Had a great time. Thank you JohnyWritten 24 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a really nice and relaxing fun dive with Blue Marlin at Hans Reef - the staff is super friendly and skilled, the atmosphere is very welcoming, the equipment is high quality too. The groups (fun diver - dive master ratio) are small anyways, but we got extra lucky and were alone with one dive master for our dive. Ask them about the different dive sites, they really can help you figure out which one may be most enjoyable for you! We had a really great experience :-)Written 21 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I did my first scuba dive ever with Chelle and was so impressed that I decided to do my Openwater at oceans 5!
Chelle was such a good teacher with a calming energy and explained everything accurately!
But also the other teachers showed a good profession and passion on their job!
Had a really good time and the turtles in turtle city were great to see!Written 9 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We loved it so much! Great activity , easy , fun and the food was amazing. It was nice to learn more about lombok culture with Chef Oka.Written 27 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Yoga is never my thing so I never once tried it back home but when I came to Gili Air, I decided to tryout yoga just to gain some experience from it. So I started my first yoga session with H2O, and ever since I fell in love with Yoga, Karolina and Johnny are the friendlies yoga master I've ever met. I like how they run the the yoga session, and they are very people oriented. :) Not only that, their cafe served very yummy and delicious food as well. Do pay them a visit when you are on this island, you will not regret it! Cheers! 🤭Written 17 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went for our introductory dive day and another dive afternoon here. Yann was our instructor and couldn’t have been better. We felt safe and looked after and would highly recommend! Very professional and incredible diving- we saw turtles and loads of other cool stuff!
All of the staff were great, it was lovely to get to know everyone. Thanks for being so welcoming. Hope to come back!Written 12 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Gili Air
- The best day trips from Gili Air according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Tour Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air (Depart Lombok/Gili T)
- Sharing Trip Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, Gili Air (Snorkeling, Depart Lombok)
- Tete Batu Tour (Temple, Terrace Rice, and Waterfalls)
- private tours and Snorkeling Gili nanggu
- Pink Beach and Southeast Gili Islands Private Tour – Full Day
- The most popular things to do in Gili Air with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Gili Air on Tripadvisor