- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
34 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 34
What travellers are saying
- The location of the ruins is on a bluff and has some fantastic views of the area. The ruins are interesting and worth a visit.Written 1 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I spent 4-5 hours here and enjoyed it. We initially stopped at the Visitor Center and the woman working there was very helpful. She gave us maps, directions, recommendations and put us in contact with a company that rents canoes.
After that we walked the Beaver Trail that is near the lodge. We also rented a canoe and canoed on the Halliste River. Lastly we walked the Ingatsi Study Trail which takes you through bogs and has an observation tower. (The Visitor Center recommended the Ingatsi trail over the better-known Riisa Study Trail.)
Everything worked out well and we were glad we stopped.Written 2 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice and interesting bridge, I enjoyed it. Little bit unusual for such area -- right next to old ruins --but it's OK.Written 30 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice little lake. You can fish or row a boat. Lake is narrow but 4kilometres long. Not much else to say about this Lake just trying to get 100 charactersWritten 15 January 2022
- Great place to visit with friends or family. Many people go there to hang out and spend time together. Nice and calm, worth a visit as it is very close to the city center.Written 22 July 2020
- It is a small charming museum dedicated to the local artist Paul Kondas. His naive paintings are cheerful but with an unusual twist.
The museum staff is very friendly. They will give you an introduction to his work and show you his double-sided paintings. Afterwards you can visit the museum on your own.
The big strawberries scattered around the town are a reference to his painting 'The Strawberry Eaters'.
Entrance price is 3€.Written 14 July 2019
- Came to see the textile hangings by Prof. Anu Raud, unfortunately church was not open as planned. It is very large and situated in a lovely park that has several other things to visit. There are other textiles by Dr. Raud in the Estonian National Museum and she has had a special exhibit there also.Written 29 August 2020
- Well worth a stop at this hilltop gem of a church. Have a delightful walk around the grounds. It is on t he way to the train stationWritten 19 August 2022
- I like to go up of towers. So this was a must do during our three day stay in Viljandi. To enter the old water tower you have to pay 2,-Euro. Fair! From the top level you have nice view, bad sadly the windows were a bit dirty. Please clean up. From the next lower level the view is also good and the window are quit clear. From this old tower you also see the water tower from soviet times. It’s close to the Lake Paala. Completely different building.Written 10 September 2019
- It's a nice modern garden/rest area - a place to sit down, chat and have children play around a bit.Written 3 October 2016
- The museum is quite small,but they have done a very nice job of portraying the history of Viljandi. When strolling in the old town, it is worth an hour's visit. I would suggest visiting the museum before touring the castle grounds. Having a bit of Viljandi history in mind will help you appreciate the castle.Written 18 January 2015
- Center for traditional music seems to be an interesting place not only for music lovers, but just for about everybody - lots of cool stuff to see, bunch of concerts, exhibitions going on and cozy cafe with glass walls, gives you a unique view of Viljandi (good food also). Staff was very helpful, no problem with English.Written 9 October 2016
- You notice this building easily due to the tower clock and when you get in front of the house you see a lovely monument of late August Maramaa. If you like dogs, this is a heart-warming monument.
I went also inside the building - in the hall there is a collection of gifts from many countries. The site is is confined to the lovely back yard garden.Written 2 October 2018
- There's not much to see here but Carl Robert Jakobson was a huge figure in Estonian history, so look him up when you're visiting Viljandi and you will then understand the relevance of his monument.Written 24 February 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Viljandi