- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Food & Drink
16 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We found the wine cellar very impressing and had a short but a very individual sightseeing just for the two of us.
The staff was very friendly and polite and the knowledge about the history of Tokaij very good. The Lady who showed us around spoke fluently englisch so we had a really good time.Written 30 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have never expected to experience such a unique and inspiring wine tasting! The Erzsébet Pince is the best location to find quality wines together with professionalism, perfectionism and warm hospitality!!! Prácser Hajnalka and this Cellar are simply the best!Written 2 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My favorite wine in Tokaji, actually, anywhere. You can taste the delicious wines for purchase. They are very customer focused and friendly. We went 15 years ago for the first time. We were married in Budapest and they made our wedding wine, which we gave a favors. Every time we go the owner greats us as family. You can go into the wine cellar as well. When in Tokaji, this is a must! Go and you won’t be disappointed.Written 10 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took a special trip with our friends to Tokaj-Tallya-Tolcsva-Erdobenye region. We wanted to taste and buy some different kinds of fine wine. In the early evening we got to Tokaj, Szerelmi pincesor and found some cellars open. We saw some of them and this was the best. The owner was very friendly and prices were reasonable. We tried some special, tasty wine and bought some bottles of them. I recommend it.Written 27 August 2021
- We had about half an hour before our train arrived. So we came here to taste our last wines before leaving Tokaj :( we were very pleased and we left with a couple of bottles :)Written 16 March 2019
- We came here to taste the wines, and were greeted by a friendly English speaking man. The wines were delicious and we left with a bottle of Forditas :)Written 16 March 2019
- Peter and his family transform his personality into the liquid gold of the vine. Beyond that, you'll find a wonderful atmosphere, with design that fits in every detail.Written 4 December 2022
- Really nice customer service. The waitress/owner has been really nice. We had wine tasting in the first visit. The quality of wines was top. Then we visited second times on the same day and we bought wines as well. He explained about all the wines and “teach” new things about wines for us. I recommend to visit when you are in Tokaj.Written 4 September 2022
- Three of us hired Marti , owner of this company to take us to our ancestral villages. We were doing genealogy research. She took us from Erdobenye to several villages in Szabolcs county. She was on time to pick us up , took us to each village, and had lunch. Along the drive, Marti told us of what we were seeing and facts, both historical and interesting stories of the areas. She interpreted for us (Hungarian/English ) at the Church, where the priest had looked up records for us. We would recommend her and contact her again on a return visit!Written 4 January 2020
- One very positive memory from the years we spent living in Hungary, was going to Tokaj, meeting Laszlo in Gizella Pince, tasting his excellent wines and staying in the guest house. We did this twice already.
The facility is great, plenty of space, and very suitable for families with children too, as the wine tasting takes place next to the guesthouse.
And prices were very logical.
The wines themselves are truly great.
But what we also found extremely rare and can't praise enough, is the overall attitude and experience with Laszlo.
It never felt as part of a commercial set up targeting our money or being "industrialised" to attract tourists as several other wineries do.
On the contrary, it more felt like an opportunity to share the passion and pride of Laszlo for winemaking and quality, who opened his house to us and along with his family proved a great host in every detail.
It is places like Gizella Pince where a 5 star review is 100% well deserved.
All the best in your Trip Advisor experience, couldn't keep this as a secret!!
Theo MitsakosWritten 26 April 2017
- Great tour! Good combination of well known wineries and local places. Also got to taste vinegar, Palinka and cheese. Guide was very good, knew a lot about the region, friendly and flexible. Took us to some great view points as well. Highly recommend this tour.Written 27 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Tokaj
- These experiences are best for food & drink in Tokaj:
- Private trip to home of Tokaj Aszu, with winetasting and private guide!
- Full-Day Custom Tokaj Wine Tour
- Full-Day Tokaj UNESCO World Heritage Site Private Wine Tour