- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Coming early morning almost first in parking place, possibly to park for free. Rented skiing equipment just nearby and ski slope. Snow ❄️ was icy but enjoyed it as not being on skis ⛷️ for few years. Winter ❄️ was warm but somehow it was ok to ski 🎿 here at least on few ski lifts 🚡. Biggest slopes were not open yet. Possibility to eat and drink 🍺 in few places close to 🚠Written 25 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Dear Habakuky resort,
coming to your place was one of the top priorities of my eldest son (aged 5) during this summer vacation. Even though he could not read so far, he was quite familiar with the Slovak fairy tales wrote by Pavol Dobsinsky - as we read them quite often prior to going to bed. Therefore, he looked forward very much to seeing them performed "live" on stage.
Finding the place was quite easy as the traffic signs guided us from the main Donovaly road - good job on this point, guys.
Upon our arrival we were greeted by nice lady by the cash desk and her smiling colleague who explained where to go and what to see. The village staff was also very friendly. So far, so good ;-).
The design of the fairy tale village was quite unique and very appealing not only for children but also adults. It really made an impression of being "thrown" into a fantasy world of witches ("jezibabkas"), dragons, princes, etc. Nice work!
As for the menu's within the restaurants - sorry, it did not meet my expectations. I do not know if we came in a wrong time but the offer was really poor. Yes, you tried to make the offered dishes look interesting by naming them in original style but that is not enough. We are full of french fries and "langosh' in various water and beach resorts elsewhere in the country. Here, I would expect something less "junk" - sheep cheese dumplings are okay, but it is certainly not the only traditional meal we can offer, or is it? What about soups, pirohy/sulance (sorry my foreign friends, I cannot translate these into English - these are traditional Slovak pastas filled with various fillings - they are really delicious and they are not fried!), home made fruit pies, etc?
Most importantly, the fairy tales presented during our stay were, in my opinion, not focused on children, let's say, aged 4 -11. Out of 5 fairy tales, only two had "traditional" features - e.g., the good fighting the evil, lessons learned at the end of the story, etc. Adults could find them funny but definitely not the children. As I was looking at kids during performances they were amazed by the visual and sound effects rather than the idea of the story. The art director should focus on kids' ability to understand the whole story.
And finally, using credit cards is a MUST nowadays. Exchanging EURO for habakuky currency is fun but requires you to have cash in your pocket. In addition, the rule of not exchanging back unused habakuky coins to EURO does not seem fair to me, sorry.
Overall, the impression is good but a lot needs to be done..... What would definitely help the resort is a day or two dedicated to foreign children, in English, let's say. What do you think?
Good luck!Written 1 September 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Have everything you need to teach little children skiing - equipment rental, instructors, animators, fun parades and parties for kids. Little cafe to have a break. A little bit small so can be crowded when school groups all come at once.Written 19 February 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- For a town known for its mountain for skiing, I did not think there would be a Catholic Church here. Located in the small, picturesque village of Donovaly in Slovakia, there is a small church dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua as well as a relatively new memorial to the saint that was unveiled in 2012 in the center of the village. The church is beautiful in its simplicity. The main altar’s center piece is a painting of the saint as well as a statue of him atop the tabernacle. Statues of the cross are on the walls on either side of the pews. There is a smaller side altar dedicated to the Blessed Virgin.Written 19 June 2017
- We came to visit Donovaly area for the week end and we ended up in donovalkovo. This is a great place for the kids where fantasy and creativity can be expressed by kids.
I think for what it is offered, it is expensive.
Parents and kids are paying the same price. This is not understandable.
If you want to increase the presence parents should pay a 5 Eur fee and kids even 15 Eur.
There is a nice train track but unfortunately there is no train…..
A little bit of more investment should be okWritten 23 July 2022
- Scam alert be carful and read all the reviews never give them a credit card they will go on a shopping spree with your money ,Written 2 January 2023
Donovaly Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 2:08 p.m.|