Top Attractions in Libourne
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Cool spot, informative host in a a nicely run winery. It was harvest time when I was there, so I got to see some of the crushing process as well.Written 30 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- nice little lake outside Libourne, with a small (artificial) beach and lawn, plus lots of water activities: waterpark for the (big and small) kids, wakeboarding, and a 10km circuit round the lake to walk, run or cycle. decent toilets, lifeguards, good informal restaurant, and parking.Written 21 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was, in many ways, my favorite chateau. Perhaps it was that our host Marjorie regaled us with stories of the family who has owned it for 26 generations, or the beautiful grounds that make up the family “backyard”. It felt like a home more than a business, and I really liked that aspect of it.Written 28 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Park is beautiful and easy to navigate. Great to bring a picnic lunch or bottle of wine. Can also ride bikes through it. Wonderful foliage and water features.Written 13 June 2019
- Nice museum in the historic building. Worth a visit - it’s small, two rooms really. Nice to see some big names in a quaint setting.Written 5 November 2019
- We visited this lovely historic church whilst on a River Cruise. It was so cool and so peaceful compared with the town which was hosting its usual market. I was most taken by the cross on the pulpit. It is well worth a visit.Written 23 May 2019
- We arrive late afternoon at the Visitors Center of St. Emillion and ask them about what chateaux might be still open to visit. Of the three they give us, we pick the Chateau Gueyrosse and end up with a wonderful visit and tasting. You must call prior to getting there but they speak English even if you don't speak French. The lady gave us a great tour (she explained she's 6th generation into making wine.) We saw the vineyard, got educated in the process of making and aging the wine, then tasted it and bought a 2011 Ch. Gueyrosse Grand Cru. Tasting is free. Recommended.Written 17 May 2017
- Nice square with surrounding arcades and old buildings.
Sunday is the best day for market, there is a lot fresh and domestic products,sea food and other things.
There is a plenty of cafe bars ,some of them have terrace only below arcades and some are on the middle of the square which gives a nice view and nice atmosphere.
It's easy to park the car, there is underground parking on the square, tourist information below arcades...people are very kind and helpful.
It is worth seeingWritten 3 September 2019
- I did a tour of travel only in castles in Europe. I confess that my experience at Château Bonalgue Pomeol was really the best. This place is absolutely everything every details made with a lot of love, every square meter of the grapes plantation is absolutely well treated and everything with great care and immense dedication. The Castle was absolutely renovated, clean, beautiful, in absolute harmony, in tune with the production of wines, in which I obviously took several bottles home. I was received by Ms. Tatiana, a wine connoisseur, oenologist and sommelier, in which I had the exclusive appreciation of the castle wines. I was grandly welcomed by Tatiana who organized several restaurants and tours in the region, who prepared the entire Château Bonalgue Pomerol to welcome me, fantastic. I really felt in heaven. I can't wait to be able to go back to the castle again, where I lived unforgettable moments. Everything perfect, awesome. Thank you!Written 26 July 2022