- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
28 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is a nice well protected little bay with good sand and lots of trees for cover. I personally would have liked to be able to rent some beach chairs. However there were none for rent. There are some picnic tables available if you get there early enough.Written 30 January 2020
- We came to Crawen, after spending an hour at Sugarloaf. Crazy steep hill going down on the bikes, just have to be careful. It's easy to walk down. The beach is much bigger than Sugarloaf but you can tell that a few storms have done some damage. The trees
have come back strong, it's very green and the water when we were there was perfection. Bring some food and drinks and hang out for a bit.Written 22 January 2020
- The best way to enjoy Guadeloupe is by motorized bicycles.
Book them ahead of time if you're stopping for just the day on a cruise.
Not many cabs on the island. This beach is perfect in the morning.
It's small so it get's crowded quickly. The water is calm and plenty of fish around.
Hang out here for an hour then head over to Crawen. That's the better spot.Written 22 January 2020
- One of the highlights of our cruise port stop at Terre-de-Haut was visiting the parish church of the island:
Notre-Dame-de-l’ Assomption. The church is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and honors the French victory of August 15, 1666 against the English troops. Interestingly, the church has a bell tower housing four bells, the oldest dating back to 1820. Be sure to look at the ceiling. It is in the shape of a reversed ship hull donated by a group called “Carpenters of the Navy”. The main altar has a painting of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven (celebrated on August 15th). Side altars are dedicated to the Virgin Mary and St. Joseph. There is a sculpture on the church grounds marking its 350th anniversary.Written 28 December 2018
- We stopped in Galerie des Saintes while walking through the village of Les Saintes. There are a variety of products by Martine Cotton, who happened to be in the gallery when we arrived. She paints very nice island scenes with a European flair. Her work is available in original, limited editions, and posters. There are also a variety of quality clothing items. We bought two nice limited edition prints that will provide nice memories of our trip.Written 23 March 2015
- Thanks for the great organization, we had wonderful time! Our litle kids loved it too. Please pass our regards to the fantastic capitan!Written 6 January 2020
- Our guides were very knowledgable and created a safe environment for my daughter and I to dive. We had a great experience!Written 16 April 2018
- We rented an electric cart from Aqua-Blue while we were visiting Les Saintes. The cart was great and the service was even better! Merci Beaucoup Pierre!Written 11 July 2021
- A week diving at Pisquettes's diving school. An ideally located school "Les pieds dans l'eau." A special thanks to the staff that have great skills and is patient, safe and really involved in teaching diving safely. Amélie, Contance, Arnaud and CLément are the teachers. I highly recommand this team to learn the basics of divind in a week.
Benjamin / ParisWritten 25 January 2020
- Very bad experience with this company.
The caution paid is not released while giving back the car and keys but only « later » once they checked the car. I personally received my caution back 1 month later.
Moreover, there are many places where the car cannot be used and also no parking place available. Every evening, the car need to charge and in order to do so, the car has to be parked in an adequate field. This field might be far from the hotel. This is just a non-exhaustive list of my very bad experience (from summer 2022).
I really don’t advice to use these cars and this company.Written 3 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Terre-de-Haut