- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- really unusual place to visit. sadly it was closed when we were here in april but the walk here alone was very good. it isn't actually as much as it looks like it is from the photos - it is very doable if you take it slow. enjoy :)Written 28 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- the mansion is furnished with many pieces of the original itinerary of the 15-17 centuries
The saga of the Coburg family made me realize their contribution not only to the development of Europe, but also their legacy for the presentWritten 20 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I absolutely loved our visit to this castle. It seems to have been sympathetically restored, and the information was provided in English. The exhibitions were very interesting, and there were so many nooks and crannies to explore.
One unexpected highlight was the peregrine falcons nesting in the towers of the basilica.
Although dogs are not allowed in the castle per se, the ladies on the entrance let us bring our four pups into the courtyard and even brought water for them. My hubs and I then visited the castle one at a time. To view most of the castle, you have to climb steep stairs, which would not be suitable for dogs in any case.Written 30 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you can only see one thing while in Banská Štiavnica See this. I’ve been here three times already. It’s a great experience for couples families and friends alike.Written 26 February 2022
- Definitely will recommend. It is amazing place of wooden carvings and history of Banska Stiavnica. Exhibition is in small room but packed with miniatures and carving figures. Each has the story to tell. Small entry fees but absolutely worthy.Written 23 October 2019
- After climbing up the streets and stairs to the bulding of Mining Academy we went into this nice park to relax. This is a huge area (7 hectares). It was used for practical courses for students from 1850's. Now it's open for public, free entrance. It's well cared for and clean with lots of green. We saw some exotic plants and trees: e.g.sequoia or cedar. We was walking and relaxing. Our favourite part was the tiny pond with beautiful water lilies.Written 14 July 2020
- It was our second time to visit this nice town. After the long quarantine we enjoyed walking in this calm historic town. It's a beautiful mining town which lies "under the mountains". (The view is beautiful). It was a free royal city and very rich town in 14-15.th century. It was one of the richest silver mining town of Europe in the past. It's the part of the Unesco World Heritage site from 1993. I liked walking in the old town among the renovated old historic buildings. My favourites: Old and New Castles, Main Square (Trojice) with the Plague column. There are lots of good restaurants and cafes, too.Written 25 July 2020
- Lovely game for walkin - visit this town
During play u can see the best view´s and this play will lead u to check nearly all places u should visit.Written 28 October 2019