8 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- really unusual place to visit. sadly it was closed when we were here in april but the walk here alone was very good. it isn't actually as much as it looks like it is from the photos - it is very doable if you take it slow. enjoy :)Written 28 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After the quarantine we visited two "mining towns": Kremnica and Banska Stiavnica last week. Both are nice historic places, we loved them. In the centre of this town you can found the Main square with the Holy Trinity Column which was built after the great plague epidemic (1710-11). This square was the most important forum of the town in the past. Nowadays there are some restaurants and bars around and you can taste the good Slovak beer or wine.Written 14 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After climbing up the streets and stairs to the bulding of Mining Academy we went into this nice park to relax. This is a huge area (7 hectares). It was used for practical courses for students from 1850's. Now it's open for public, free entrance. It's well cared for and clean with lots of green. We saw some exotic plants and trees: e.g.sequoia or cedar. We was walking and relaxing. Our favourite part was the tiny pond with beautiful water lilies.Written 14 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Each year I am visiting Slovakia and also Banská Štiavnica. This little town has a very special energy. I also like to see what have been rebuilt, what is new.
Some really nice places having coffee or
A place each tourist have to visit.Written 15 May 2018
- It was our second time to visit this nice town. After the long quarantine we enjoyed walking in this calm historic town. It's a beautiful mining town which lies "under the mountains". (The view is beautiful). It was a free royal city and very rich town in 14-15.th century. It was one of the richest silver mining town of Europe in the past. It's the part of the Unesco World Heritage site from 1993. I liked walking in the old town among the renovated old historic buildings. My favourites: Old and New Castles, Main Square (Trojice) with the Plague column. There are lots of good restaurants and cafes, too.Written 25 July 2020
- During a hot summer day, this is a perfect spot for refreshment for free! Close to Banska Stiavnica, free parking and entrance and clear cool water of a perfect temperature. Public toilet, changing "Area" and fast food stands available. Great!Written 2 August 2020
- Very interesting statue that features a trio of archangels. The Virgin Mary is crushing a monster and the whole statue dominates the square.Written 4 July 2014
- A must visit place in the town of Banska Stiavnica situated at the city centre.It has been maintained really well and looks very attractiveWritten 6 March 2019