- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- If you can only see one thing while in Banská Štiavnica See this. I’ve been here three times already. It’s a great experience for couples families and friends alike.Written 26 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Definitely will recommend. It is amazing place of wooden carvings and history of Banska Stiavnica. Exhibition is in small room but packed with miniatures and carving figures. Each has the story to tell. Small entry fees but absolutely worthy.Written 23 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you are into minerals, this place in unbeatable. At a price of 2€ you can spend hours admiring minerals of various shapes, colours and sizes from all over the world. To me actually the most amazing was the second part of the exhibit which shows only the minerals mined in Banska Stiavnica area. As noted by other reviewers, the guide was very knowledgeable when we asked him anything and he added great value to our visit. On the other hand the design of the exhibit itself is quite outdated and could use some fresh elements.Written 15 January 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Just along the main road this museum has tours on the hour, however being low season we tried at quater past and they opened just for us. We were given a guide leaflet and shown through the museum. Although it wasn´t a guided tour the staff was happy to answer any questions we had. Although not very large, its bigger than it seems outside and there is more information than one understands about the place. Good place if raining and for children as it contains a number of models of mine and mining equipment and is quite cheap.Written 21 January 2014This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.