- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Due to the Corona virus pandemy, the visit is without a guide for private groups only,but it's worth a visit. Not in many castles there are so many place accessible for visitors as in this one. Receiving a printed guide with a map and descriptions you can start your own adventure 🙂Written 4 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was our second time to visit this nice town. After the long quarantine we enjoyed walking in this calm historic town. It's a beautiful mining town which lies "under the mountains". (The view is beautiful). It was a free royal city and very rich town in 14-15.th century. It was one of the richest silver mining town of Europe in the past. It's the part of the Unesco World Heritage site from 1993. I liked walking in the old town among the renovated old historic buildings. My favourites: Old and New Castles, Main Square (Trojice) with the Plague column. There are lots of good restaurants and cafes, too.Written 25 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This Castle has an other name, too: Girl Castle. It can be seen from everywhere in the town because it lies on a hill. It was built between 1554-1571 against the Turkish attacks. It belongs several ghost- and witch-legends. It has 4 corner towers and 24 cannons. This Renaissance Castle has a rich history, and some important functions: eg.: clocktower, belltower etc. Today it's a museum. You can see lots of flags and arms there. The view is breathtaking, you can see the whole town.Written 17 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Castle ruins are just 20 min walking 🚶♀️ from Sitno mountain ⛰ top. It originates from 13th century. Today there are few walls and great 👍 view from steep cliff. It is great to connect with climbing Sitno mountain 🏔 and ruins visit. Good shoes 👞, drink 🥤, snack and plan B with clothes when having tricky weather. Food 🥘 and drinks 🍸 available in cottage on the top of Sitno mountain ⛰Written 25 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Banska Stiavnica
- These places are best for castles in Banska Stiavnica:See more castles in Banska Stiavnica on Tripadvisor