Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
34 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 34
What travellers are saying
- After the quarantine we visited two "mining towns": Kremnica and Banska Stiavnica last week. Both are nice historic places, we loved them. In the centre of this town you can found the Main square with the Holy Trinity Column which was built after the great plague epidemic (1710-11). This square was the most important forum of the town in the past. Nowadays there are some restaurants and bars around and you can taste the good Slovak beer or wine.Written 14 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A must visit place in the town of Banska Stiavnica situated at the city centre.It has been maintained really well and looks very attractiveWritten 6 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- if they wouldn't be renovating the road so that we had to walk through that door, on our way to the new castle, i do not think we would notice them.Written 9 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Situated between the old and new castles, opposite the tea shop Klopacka, Schemnitz Gallery is house in a traditional, Stiavnica villa. The exhibition was interesting and I especially enjoyed the film shown in a curtained off area.Written 13 February 2016
- This is without any doubt the most beautiful street in Banska Stiavnica!
While on a tour of Slovakia, a local guide led our group of 21 for a walk along this cobbled lane. She called it "The Rose Street" because of all the gorgeous rose bushes that were planted outside of the houses. The houses themselves were charming, some painted in pastel colors.
As we climbed higher, the city spread out in front of us, offering a remarkable vista. Thankfully, we were able to descend on stairs to the town square below.
If you visit this town, make sure you talk a stroll along Ruzova!Written 14 November 2019
- While we were walking in the town from the Tomnhall to the Old and New Castle we passed by Klopacka. This is a special historic building with a tower. In the past it was very important for miners: they were called to their shifts in the mine by knocking a wooden hammer here. It was used for other occasions: eg.: fires or funerals.
Nowadays it's a teahouse. (Not too cheap).Written 25 July 2020