- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
14 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- WE loved our first visit in September 2022 to Yosemite Valley. We stated at the awesome Rush Creek lodge and spa - a true resort - just west of the village on the edge of the park. Loved driving in and around the valley and hiking at so many quality sites.Written 2 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well, i didn't win the half dome hike lottery and my wife was not likely to hike it anyway, but i got close and was able to see some great views of Half Dome from a variety of perspectives across Yosemite Valley. Loved the sunset views!Written 2 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Yosemite is a bucket list and while i am not a rock climber, seeing the impressive granite rock face from its base was awesome. No i would not be able to free solo more than 50 feet up, but seeing the magnificent beauty of God's creation, and knowing Alex H conquered it was really beautiful.Written 2 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Make sure you have strong knees and thighs, the walk up and back is pretty tough on the legs.
If you're an avid walker and hiker then it's probably a breeze, but for us mere mortals it's quite a slog, but well worth it in the end.
The climb up there on the footpath is consistently steep, not much rest-bite so coming back down is tough on the knees.Written 30 September 2022
- Well we loved seeing the falls from the bridge, but really disappointed the Mist Trail was closed during the day. After the brutal climb up theJohn Muir trail, it was disappointing to not get that close to the falls. Maybe next time !Written 2 October 2022
- Since Glacier Point Road is closed this year, it’s not really feasible to enjoy the short hike up to the top of Sentinel Dome. So this year we just viewed Sentinel Dome from North Dome across the Valley. It is a very different perspective to look at Sentinel Dome rather than being on Sentinel Dome.Written 17 June 2022
- If you don't mind a long hike with plenty of elevation change , then this is a trail you must do. Gorgeous views , quite a bit of shade and the reward of getting to the water falls ( Nevada and Vernal ) is hard to beat. DO IT!Written 8 July 2021
- What a gorgeous view from the top- makes the insane hike so worth it! We found the 1,000ft elevation gain towards the beginning wasn’t bad along the switchbacks- we made it up very easily. What really sucked was the final 2 mile hike to the top- so MUCH incline! We found it to be the hardest leg of the journey. It was nice how there weren’t many people around- we saw a few on the way up but had the whole top to ourselves for lunch!
By the end of the hike we were hurting (this is our biggest hike to date!) and the last few miles were a bit rough. Grateful when we made it to the stream crossing at the start! It took us 8 hours total. We passed by A LOT of people on our way back- insane how late people start their hikes!! It was very exposed and sunny on the switchback down- can’t imagine how hard that made it for them going up.Written 17 August 2022
- Although I'd visited Yosemite N.P. four times previously, this was my first time in the Hetch Hetchy area. My research of the NPS website and other sources told me this hike was a must-do, and when I came face-to-face with the falls, right away I understood why. I do love a good waterfall, and this one rates high on the list! In terms of difficulty, I'd place the hike between easy and moderate- just keep in mind that you will get wet on the footbridge, particularly if you go in mid-May, like I did. I find that to be the best time to visit Yosemite in general, with all the waterfalls at full power in the midst of the Sierra snowpack meltoff.Written 17 June 2022
- What a awesome experience we had with Lasting adventures! Cara, our guide was absolutely fantastic. She ensured at every step the whole group were happy and comfortable. She was incredibly informative with the history of the park, the terrain, plants and animals. She kept us entertained with quizzes and was wonderfully sociable. She is also the most amazing cook! We ate like kings out there in the wilderness, all on 2 small camp Gas burners, that’s a serious skill!!!
I can highly recommend this company for a unforgettable hike in the truly stunning Yosemite park. We will be back!Written 15 September 2022
- Our group of 10 did 4 days hiking in Yosemite and stayed in the Airstreams at Autocamp and it was an exceptional experience. Michaela and Katie were our guides/hosts/handle our every need people and they were truly outstanding. As repeat hikers with Wildland we have high expectations and Katie and Michaela did not disappoint in any way and of course, if Yosemite is disapointing you probably need a serious check up. Stunning. No better word for it.Written 30 September 2022
- John and Catherine provide an excellent service. John as a tour guide was extremely thoughtful, knowledgeable, and responsive. He made my first time snowshoeing a pleasure and he made me feel safe with respect to the terrain and COVID.Written 7 March 2021
- We spent 8 hours hiking with Nick in the Yosemite Valley area, and it was very well worth it. He was very energetic, knowledgeable, and personable. While we did spend some time on the paved paths, we preferred, and greatly enjoyed, hiking up the hills and mountains. It was an excellent day.Written 3 September 2022
- Amazing support pre trip as I had to reschedule 3 times due to COVID. Guides knowledge, experience, and chefmanship unparalleled.Written 2 October 2022