- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
49 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 49
What travellers are saying
- What a place. If you like the outdoors and hiking, this your place! I’ve been to dozens of National Parks and this is as good as it gets. Clean, easy hiking and road access. Don’t miss this gem. I recommend hiring a hiking guide from the Yosemite Mountaineering as School. It’s not cheap, but it’s worth it. Ask for Nick, he was great. Bring plenty of water, good well broken in boot and dress in layers. The view are spectacular.Written 11 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the place with the best view of the front portion of Yosemite Valley. It is the must see place to go and sit and take some awesome photographs.Written 7 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very cool geological formation that can viewed at various locations throughout the park. It is a amazing to see what nature can do.Written 4 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The scale of it is breathtaking, take a walk to the very top of the trail, it’s a fair old trek but it’s worth it, check out the photosWritten 21 November 2022
- Yosemite Falls was dry in late October, but it was definitely enormous. I am glad that I got to see this area. There were many parking lots, but they filled up rapidly.Written 31 October 2022
- Being a climbing interested family, visiting El Capitan was a must for us. The walk to the bottom of the rock took 15-20 minutes from the parking lot and it was a fun hike. You will be able to come all the way to the rock and you will be amazed when looking up. Would have been nice to climb some parts as well but that wasn’t possible.
This is a must see!Written 26 October 2022
- If you enjoy hairpin turns, scenery that you would expect in the movies, and tons of adventures, drive this road. It was arduous to drive once the sun went down. Olmsted Point and Tuolumne Meadows were on this road. The speed limits did change quite a bit.Written 31 October 2022
- Make sure you have strong knees and thighs, the walk up and back is pretty tough on the legs.
If you're an avid walker and hiker then it's probably a breeze, but for us mere mortals it's quite a slog, but well worth it in the end.
The climb up there on the footpath is consistently steep, not much rest-bite so coming back down is tough on the knees.Written 30 September 2022
- Well we loved seeing the falls from the bridge, but really disappointed the Mist Trail was closed during the day. After the brutal climb up theJohn Muir trail, it was disappointing to not get that close to the falls. Maybe next time !Written 2 October 2022
- The Nevada Falls Loop is a nine mile hike with about 2,000 feet of elevation. The major sites are the Vernal Falls and the Nevada Falls, as well as scenic vistas over the Yosemite Valley. It's a long, steep hike, but the trail and the footing are good throughout. The key to the hike is to make sure you take the John Muir loop trail from the Nevada Falls. I realized this only after going back down the steps past the Falls, squeezing past hikers climbing up the narrow path and wreaking havoc on my knees trying to traverse the hundreds of steep steps on the way down.Written 6 November 2022
- We enjoyed a hike in the meadows area after the seasonal closure of the visitor center. As expected, nothing was open. But we enjoyed the views & the beginnings of fall color.
The road crew has accomplished great things this summer. We visited in early June 2022 and again in late September 2022. I think the new curb is a good protection for the meadow.Written 5 October 2022
- Since Glacier Point Road is closed this year, it’s not really feasible to enjoy the short hike up to the top of Sentinel Dome. So this year we just viewed Sentinel Dome from North Dome across the Valley. It is a very different perspective to look at Sentinel Dome rather than being on Sentinel Dome.Written 17 June 2022
- Due to poor trip planning, I visited this lake at night. It was not the easiest to see all of the scenery, but it was still nonetheless pretty to observe.Written 31 October 2022
- Bridalveil falls is located in the Yosemite valley and it is most prominent fall in the valley. Tourist can see the fall while entering the Yosemite valleyWritten 28 October 2022
- At dusk, it was hard to make out much of the panorama, but I still got to see these magnificent rock formations. This area is on Tioga Road. It got very chilly at night.Written 31 October 2022