Historic Sites • National Parks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
10 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I have visited the History Center in Wawona many times. This time I spent most of my visit in the new Chinese Laundry Building that is across from the gray barn. It was fascinating to learn about the contributions from this group in the development of Yosemite NP. I enjoyed the signs, information, and photos.Written 17 June 2022
- Came to this spot a few times while we were in Yosemite. Took picnic lunch. Valley was hot, river was cool on your feet and the breeze traveled up the river bed. Late summer so not a lot of water. Butterflies, birds, ducks and views that just let the soul relax.Written 30 September 2018
- This was the first time we hiked to North Dome, and it was well worth our time. This relatively level hike, about 9 miles round trip, is deceptive as it’s about 8,000’ elevation. The thinner air was noticeable to me.
Although North Dome is about 500’ lower than the trailhead, there were so many ups and downs that it measured about 600’ elevation gain on the way to North Dome and 1,100’ elevation gain on the way back. I was so tired!
Another first for us was seeing California Pinefoot. We saw lots of bright red Snowplant, so at first we thought this was an albino snowplant. But it appears to be young emerging Pinefoot. So cool!Written 17 June 2022
- They have art classes and wonderful animal exhibit. We learnt so much about the flora and fauna around the area. The staff is wonderful. This is a great place for the jr ranger program and getting into some fun scavenger hunts and learning. Definitely go across the bridges to see some lovely rivers.Written 13 August 2019
- We walked out into the meadow and used binoculars to watch a few climbers on El Capitan. There were some nice shady spots to sit and a few wildflowers.Written 17 June 2022
- A beautiful place to see the wonders of creation. It is lovely how you can walk among the trees whilst still ensuring little or no damage is being done to your surroundings. Fabulous place for families, friends and couplesWritten 4 October 2019
- We really enjoyed the easy stroll from Glacier Point Road to McGurk Meadow. Even though this is a low-snowpack year, there were still plenty of wildflowers and beautiful views in late summer.
There are small trout in the stream that runs through McGurk Meadow, but it's challenging to "sneak up" on them.Written 6 August 2021
- The Devils Bathtub in Yosemite is a small pool of water that catches the water flowing down from the Royal Arches cascade. During the early and mid summer months when the cascade is in decent flow and the sun is beaming hot against the rock of the royal arches, the water is heated as it flows down the thousand feet of rock and fills the pool. The water there is never really 'hot' but on a hot day very refreshing. Its also a popular place to skinny dip and nude sunbathe since its typically off the known tourist track. The location is behind the Ahwahnee hotel and requires some scrambling to get up to.Written 26 May 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Yosemite National Park
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife areas in Yosemite National Park:
- Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Day Trip from San Francisco
- Small Group Yosemite and Giant Sequioas Day Trip from San Francisco
- Small-Group Yosemite Day Tour from San Francisco
- Full-Day Small Group Yosemite & Glacier Point Tour Including Hotel Pickup
- 2-Day Yosemite National Park Tour from San Francisco
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & wildlife areas in Yosemite National Park:See more budget-friendly nature & wildlife areas in Yosemite National Park on Tripadvisor