- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
27 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Attended a San Antonio FC match at Toyota Field.
Very nice Soccer Venue! Has a lot of possibilities. Could easily make five stars with a few improvements. Definitely need Aramark to step up on the concessions. Popcorn was bagged and stale. Didn't even have diced onions for the hot dogs or sausages. On the positive side was a food vendor who had very nice fresh fruit cups and frescas.Written 21 August 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The level of service provided by the students and student supervisor was extraordinary. They were attentive, engaging, and professional. The quality of food was similarly off the chart. My wife and I opted for the four course tasting menu with a wine accompaniment. Flavors and preparation techniques were spot on. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.Written 14 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I can't say enough great things about this place. I've been here a number of times. I always leave with a beautiful piece of art, well actually you go back and pick it up, once it's cooled. They are so patient and you get to do a lot more than you would think you would.Written 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This where the food artisans work. Reminds me of the treehouse with the Keebler elves. We have been shopping at Central Market since the opened in Austin back in the 90s. Used to make a day of the drive to Austin.
The San Antonio location is space-constrained, but still has most of what the larger location do.
See my photo for the cabbages on display in ice. Vegetable artistry. How do they not just fall on the floor. And the bakery case is so full of choices that it's hard to choose. But this time of year I know what to get. A Hatch chocolate brownie. The spice plays nicely against the bitterness of the cocoa powder and creamy chocolate frosting.
While in London we stumbled across Neal's Yard Dairy in Southwark and loved their cheeses. I was excited to see Central Market carries some of them.
One of my favorite areas of the store is the bulk section. A tremendous selection. They must have a hundred different jars of spices. The only place I can find things like garam masala and pink peppercorns.
In the past I have taken their cooking classes upstairs and really enjoyed them. My favorite was the hands on sushi making class taught by Bill Pitchford from Godai Bistro.
Minus one star for prices. Given the recent inflation I can't afford to visit as often as I would like.Written 7 August 2022
- Friendly staff, decent exhibits. The history museum area was supposed to be open but it wasn't, which is too bad.Written 30 June 2019
- It was so fun, and the instructor made it entertaining and easy; very encouraging. You don't even need any experience at all with art to go home with a nice piece, and to have a great time. Fun and original date idea.Written 11 January 2017
- I have been practicing Nia for 16 years. I take classes at The Synergy Studio and now I am retired I usually go four times a week. We are very lucky to have some amazing teachers here in San Antonio and a wonderful, supportive community. The studio recently relocated and renovated a cool building not far from downtown. They brought with them and reinstalled their beautiful, sprung-wood, old gymnasium wood floors. They offer many classes as well as Nia, including yoga, aerial yoga and Pilates. All ages, genders and body types and abilities are welcomed.Written 1 August 2019
- We took a fun soap making class today. Teacher was kind and we learned a lot and had such fun. Would be great for bachelorette party! Got 10% off their products which are wonderful. I highly recommend a visit to this shop!Written 22 February 2020
- This place is similar to the average pottery place that many towns have, but it is much more expensive because they fire your items and make them food safe, which requires you to come back in a few days to pick them up. I didnt know that before we walked in and since we were out of towners and there for our daughters birthday, they mailed the pieces back to me with shipping paid by me. The staff are very kind. I wish there were more selection for teens, boys to paint. I do think there needs to be more spacing out going on with Covid. While all were masked, the place is small and we weren't 6 feet from others plus their party room is not a separate room. It is right next to everyone else and when they are eating, they are unmasked and exposing all that are literally next to them plus the bathrooms are in the same area as them, so don't go to the bathroom there because you will have to crash their party to do so.Written 29 January 2021
- Staff friendly, helpful and knowledgeable! Enjoyed family time with my daughter creating a tree that has a special meaning in our family as her grandmother painted the same tree that all the grandchildren enjoyed for years!Written 22 December 2016
Yes, yes, yes. You can.
Enjoy the magic of art.
Swirl your mind,
Feel the magic happen,
Art becomes you!Written 14 May 2020
- The Day of the Dead was celebrated in San Antonio in November, and although we missed the celebration by a week, we got to see a lot of the artists displayed skulls throughout the city streets. It’s hard to think of a skull as beautiful, but there really is no other word to describe the beauty we saw in them!Written 15 January 2020
- In looking for a Team Building Event for our office (we have a small local office)... we happened upon San Antonio Plastic Bricks. After my initial search, I was intrigued with the use of Lego Building Blocks. I called and spoke with Ron, I was sold on his energy and optimistic persona.
We booked our Team Building Event and were totally impressed with Ron's leadership! The exercises he implements using the Legos were well thought out, created some great competition within the groups and really focused on "TEAM" building. Exercises were great fun (who can't have fun playing the Legos?) all while Ron kept us focused on our main objective.
Our team truly enjoyed and appreciate the great job done by Ron and San Antonio Plastic Bricks!
Ohhhh..... and they are a toy store that sells everything Lego!!! Amazing selection!Written 5 June 2019
- My husband and I did the pumpkin painting last night. Our artist was Dante, We had a lot of fun there was only 4 people total in the class including ourselves and the painting took longer than 2 hours but the artist was very patient and helpful. We will be back. I definitely recommend this place. Big thumbs up!Written 16 September 2018