- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
44 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 44
What travellers are saying
- The location is great and there's a good amount of shops to fit any budget. It was raining during my visit slightly but I was still able to get around without getting wetWritten 22 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great gallery featuring a number of local artists - no doubt you’ll find something you’ll like and good chance you can meet the artist. Prices are good and the service even better. Since our pieces were quite large the owner went out of her way to deliver them to our hotel (so we didn’t have to haul them as we toured Richmond) and she wrapped them well for our travels home. A winner of a gallery and if you’re looking for a gift or remembrance of your trip to Richmond I highly recommend.Written 24 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts is some 90 years old; it is one of many schools in VCU offering degree courses. Its theme is that "creativity is a journey." The School of the Arts has produced many ground-breaking artists. and many works of fine art. The school's mission is to nurture talent; teaching is based on research, creativity and interdisciplinary collaboration. The School of the Arts is based at the Fine Arts Building , on the VCU campus in Richmond, Virginia.Written 22 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have been to the South of the James Market years ago and jusy got to return this Saturday morning, and the market is bigger and better. There is a wonderful vibrant energy here. It is kid-friendly, pet friendly, definitely foodie-friendly. Love the choices, from food trucks/stalls to vegetable and flower farmers to craft artists, you can find them all here. On beautiful morning weather like today, go and visit the market as early as you can. Parking may be difficult...but rest assure, they have attendants directing traffic in the park.Written 12 October 2019
- We have visited the Crossroads Art Center numerous times and thoroughly enjoy it each time we go. There are some incredibly talented artists in our community that display their artwork at Crossroads. We have purchased several pieces of artwork from the Crossroads Art Center and have never been disappointed. Well worth a visit!Written 27 May 2019
- Hung out with friends and walked around the lovely Arts District of Richmond. Found so many quaint shops, locally owned. Serendipity was my fav, so cute (pic below). Got a bite to eat at Lift Cafe, & it was delicious. I’ll be back, but I feel like I’ve found a little gem that not many know about.Written 27 February 2020
- Words cannot express my delight in this place. Ms. Martha and her staff were amazing. Service was personable, and delightful. The shop is treat for the eyes and the discerning shopper. I cannot imagine a visit to Richmond without a visit to this magical spot. No price tags! Ms. Martha must be present to give you your cost. It holds promise of an afternoon of delightful perusing.Written 4 November 2019
- Wasn't a lot going on here the day we visited, but there is a remodeling going on and next year when completed, should be quite nice. But still, worth a stop to look at, especially if you are in the Main Street Station area anyway.Written 7 December 2017
- Walked around after early dinner at P.F. Chang’s reviewed separately. A warm Tuesday evening for February very few people around really don’t understand how stores stay open if this was normal. High end stores the ones we went in friendly staff. Some construction going on so hopefully more stores to come.Written 11 February 2020
- Really clean and well organized shop, lots of goodies to look at. You can cover every booth in under an hour unless you are the person that has to view every item. Definitely recommend stopping in for a visit. Prices on most of the items we looked at were reasonable. The address on this site is listed as Fountain Square, 8030 W Broad St but we went to this address and found a closed building. Later on we discovered it at the Merchants Walk Shopping Center, 7580 W Broad St.Written 7 March 2018
- I visited this during RVA's "First Friday" art walk. As someone who works in nonprofit and is also an artist, I thought it was awesome to see a gallery that combined both my passions. The art was thought provoking and emotionally satisfying. It was awesome how we got to interact with the art pieces and experience it through a hands-on perspective. I love it and will definitely recommend it to anyone!Written 2 June 2017
- it is a great studio for kids and adults. it provides the best art educationWritten 21 June 2007
- When I use to live in WoodLake, I would take my oldest son Diamond to this mall every weekend.
The last time I visited this mall, I was so excited about all the amazing upgrades over the years.
This is truly one of the most beautiful shopping malls that I ever visited in my life time.
They have the best Santa workshop and holiday sales.Written 8 November 2019
- Drove down to Richmond from D.C. After finding AIM online, I was eager to check it out. I'm not sure if we just came on a down Saturday or what, but there was not much to offer. The things that did catch my eye were ridiculously overpriced. I found a few things I already have in my collection that I paid significantly less for. The vendors were all very friendly and knowledgable, though. It was easy enough to find, but not much else in the area to make the trip worth it.Written 17 July 2012
- Found my self wandering around a maze of corridors and found the Art Zeo gallery where the Konstantinovs were having their opening "Terra Incognita" starting July 24th. Great space, light with plenty of ceiling light and open space to allow for an exhibit of some 20 or more canvases and free floor exhibits using their canvas creations. Spectacular exhibit!Written 25 July 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Richmond
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Richmond:See more budget-friendly shopping in Richmond on Tripadvisor