Bodies of Water • Scenic Drives
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- From watching the crew teams practice their rhythmic sweep rowing to walking on the esplanade, I enjoy visiting every time I am in town. To enjoy the sights and energy of this area is a New England treat.Written 16 August 2022
- We used the Charles River bike path during our stay in Boston. It was a little tricky to find for out-of-towners (our opinion) as we hoped to pick it up via Paul Revere park without much success - around the Science Park area there are a number of crossings and limited signage directing users to the path, which could be introduced to help tourists. That said, once we did find it (via the help of a jogger) we had a lovely cycle down to Harvard and back again.Written 26 June 2022
- I love the walk around the reservoir every time I come to Cambridge. Families and runners, dogs and kids, birdwatchers.Written 27 November 2022
- When in Cambridge, do drive up this winding street along the Charles River. The view is lovely and the drive is easy. Take your camera and enjoy the vistas.Written 1 December 2021
- We used the Charleston Riverboat Company for a regional alumni event, and they were fantastic! We were coordinating from out of state, and their communication and customer service was fantastic. The staff and crew were so attentive to everyone's needs, and our alumni had a really great time. Definitely recommend!Written 5 December 2022
- That's what I want to say, but unfortunately the word is out on this mini gem that wraps around the Cambridge Reservoir. The holes are fun, challenging and it is consistently in the best shape of any public course I have ever played. And it’s $25 for non-residents/$22 for residents during the week. In Cambridge! You can’t get a coffee and a scone for that in the Republic! Kudos to the head pro Bob, and course superintendent Alex.
Now stay away! So I can get on. Ha. See you there. Have a wonderful pandemic golf season.Written 10 May 2020
- My kids (13 and 15) and I rented Kayaks here to take on the Charles River. My daughter had a single and my son and I shared one. It was so easy to get to, very chill vibe, and was great to be on the water. Perfect experience with teens! We rode Bluebikes there and back from the Boston Public Garden area where our hotel was. Loved this!Written 30 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Cambridge
- These experiences are best for outdoor activities in Cambridge:
- Boston Duck Boat Sightseeing City Tour with Cruise Along Charles River
- Go City: Boston All-Inclusive Pass with 40+ Attractions and Tours
- Tour de Cambridge Guided Bicycle Tour
- Family Friendly Guided Bike Tour of Boston
- Ultimate Cambridge Self-Guided GPS Driving Audio Tour
- These are the best places for couples seeking outdoor activities in Cambridge:See more outdoor activities for couples in Cambridge on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking outdoor activities in Cambridge:See more outdoor activities for groups in Cambridge on Tripadvisor