- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Concerts & Shows
15 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is a wonderful intimate theater at Harvard. The structure is almost entirely wooden, and has a warm resonant sound that is instantly compelling. The theater is small, and every seat is great. No blocked view anywhere. There are many events taking place throughout the year. Chamber music is some of the best anywhere. Choral music is spectacular. Plan your trip around an event. You will rarely hear better.Written 28 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Friend took me to see SIX and really enjoyed a musical/modern take on the six wives of Henry VIII.
The venue is nice size to see all what is happening on stage.
Downside is the gender neutral bathrooms. It was a bit confusing there were some women going into room with urinals but in end we opted for the one bathroom that had only one stall in it.Written 9 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was an excellent venue for our daughter's wedding! The staff was courteous and professional. We were able to have about 100 guests comfortably seating in the main performance room. The art gallery for the cocktail hour, as well as open bar all night, and the desserts were a lovely location for guests to mingle, peruse, and enjoy.Written 9 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We thoroughly enjoyed this venue for a Bedlam production of Pygmalion. Attending based on a friend’s recommendation we have already planned our return. This Central Square Theatre offers professional plays at a very affordable rate. And there are so many wonderful restaurants and coffee houses around.Written 3 March 2019
- I have seen a few shows here and there at Oberon and some of the burlesque shows have been great (Something Strange, the Nightmare before Christmas burlesque comes to mind) and some not so great (including one that was so pretentious we left during intermission). My friend did make a comment that even if you see something bad at this theater, it is at least never not interesting. The front door staff was friendly on our last visit but our table server was just ok and wasn’t all that friendly or personable. She seemed like she was just kind of over it. She also made multiple attempts to take glasses from our table that weren’t finished (granted it was dark but calm down). Our last experience here was a lot of fun but the shows here are definitely an acquired taste.Written 15 December 2019
- If you are walking around Cambridge, don't miss this! We just happened upon this sanctuary theater and dance studio. So glad we did. The way the space has been transformed into a studio and performance space is really beautiful- and the small garden is lovely. Even better would be to catch a performance or take a class- or just support them in their mission.Written 10 July 2019
- Small space but awesome jazz. If you are into more free and innovative jazz look at the schedule. Not too many other places in Boston area showcase this kind of music.Written 28 October 2017
- Club Passim is the latest (now non-profit) iteration of famed local music venue - formerly Club 47, Passim. Present location is in a small basement room. Not a bad seat in the house for seeing & hearing the musicians (though they are not that comfortable. These COVID days, people are not as packed in as earlier. Vaccination verified at door. Audience mask requirement better followed some nights than others. They get really fine artists here!Written 11 November 2021
- I was recommended this place for the food at an affordable price and the live music and I loved it. I think that the service could be improved though.Written 26 January 2018
- The Middle East has changed little over the years, but that’s a good thing. It’s a comfortable place to grab a beer and also has two performance spaces, as well as the front stage in the bar itself. You might get completely different experiences each time you go whether you are going for drinks, food or music, even art.Written 2 July 2019
- I have a love/hate relationship with this place. You can’t choose your seats ahead of time, the sound is iffy, the service is indifferent, the set lengths can be pretty short, the space is quirky...but those times when the artist and audience click, it’s terrific.Written 29 March 2019
- I was skeptical, not knowing what to expect, but the show was outstanding.
The actors all had great diverse ability: singing, dancing (in heals), comical, and just plain old fun. I loved it - very creativeWritten 14 February 2018
- My family and I went to the 6PM Improv show recently and had a great time. In a small building in downtown Cambridge, we joined the crowd already waiting for the evening show. Confirming our reservations, we entered the stage area and found our spots on the bench seating. The Improv team of three women and three guys were really entertaining and quick witted. The roughly 70 minute show was fast paced and went by quickly. We had a memorable time at Improv Boston.Written 24 February 2019
- My favorite innovations of the Zeitgeist Gallery was the weekly vegan potlucks on Sunday evening. That may no longer occur, so check it out.Written 1 April 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Cambridge