- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
26 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The gardens have a quiet elegance to them in the winter months when nothing is growing but still you can walk around and see all the bushes and statuary. The gardens are under renovation but in the winter months there is nothing to see on that side of the park.
Still is it nice to walk around the shrubbery and see the mazes of the gardens. There are still people walking around admiring the lawns and trees and taking pictures.Written 16 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Battery Park is at the lower end of Manhattan and is mostly built on reclaimed land. There are many things to do and see in the area.Written 29 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice small garden up near the middle section of central park. Lots of green space with statues and flowers. Worth a visit if your walking through central park.Written 2 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely to walk around and listen to the water fountains.
Lovely statues around and the buildings looked interesting as I walked around. I saw the Christmas Tree which was lovely.Written 9 January 2023
- On our mostly full day in Central Park this March, using my Google maps app, my wife and I took a walk through the Ramble. It's quite a beautiful and serene woodland area right smack dab in the middle of Central Park.
On our way, we experienced a sense of calm, getting somewhat lost and enjoying magnificent views of Central Park Lake and the Ramble Arch. Apparently, there are a number of arches in the park and we were lucky to view one of them here.
You definitely want to explore this area. You can find a nice map on the Central Park website. We never felt unsafe and glad we did it.Written 15 July 2022
- This is an impressive shopping center featuring a great range of high end shops and food and beverage outlets.
The atrium is very impressive - a high glass roof and full size palm trees.
The center was immaculately clean and opens out to a Marina and west side waterfront walkway.Written 19 September 2022
- The Jefferson Market garden is located at 6th and West 10th Street . Nice gardens and beside the old New York public library.Written 26 January 2023
- Hallett Nature Sanctuary is pristine wilderness within Central Park segregated from human intervention. Here the walk through the natural wilderness gives you a sense of the historic wild habitat that preceded the building of this great city New York and the importance of Central ParkWritten 9 November 2019
- The Gardena at St. Luke’s are in all honesty a bit bare and drab in the winter months. We will return in the spring and review again.Written 26 January 2023
- This special garden has an interesting history and is a testament to what can be done when people work together for the betterment of their neighborhood. It’s free to visit on Sundays 1:00-4:00, April-November. Talk to one of the volunteers to get the whole story. If you’re in the Upper West Side it’s a must do, but I don’t suggest going cross town just to see it because it’s pretty small.Written 25 August 2019
- Proximate to the Cloister Museum in Washington Heights is Fort Tryon Park.
In the parlk, is the Heather Garden which is managed by a non profit organization and volunteers. They provided a walking tour along with photos of the history of the park.
This is a great "botanical garden" in every way, and worth the special trip, along with a "must see" visit to the Cloister Museum, and the great view of the Hudson River.Written 3 September 2018
- The liz Christy Garden is a bit messy and underwhelming in the winter. It’s narrow and long and it does have a small fish pond.Written 22 January 2023
- Very beautiful place to spend a couple of hours taking a break, drinking a cup of coffee or a cold beverage or having a snack. There are small tables on the shade, benches and a terrace facing the river. Quiet spot near Wall Street and in front of Wall Street NY Ferry. A place you do not expect to find in this area. Do not miss it!Written 6 September 2022
- A big breath of fresh air in NYC among the jungle of buildings and chaos. Central Park is a massive beautiful park always filled with energy and positive vibes. Whether you’re just visiting or taking a stroll through the park, the experience and amazing maintenance of the park are unbelievable.Written 27 July 2019
- Are you a nature person???well if you are go to Bruce's Garden.Its a great place to look at plants and sit down in the tiny room and relax.Sometimes there are special events like a charity sales Thanksgiving parties and more.Thanks for reading my review I hope this helped you on your journey.For more info go to brucesgarden.netWritten 27 July 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City