- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Fun & Games
Fun & Games
4 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Group of us there had fun - bowling, table tennis, video games and pool. Drawback - bowling area design made it a bit inconvenient/disruptive to move around your rented area.Written 15 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our family of five came here on a Groupon that we had purchased. We had two hours and rental shoes all included. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and we had a waiting time of about 20min so we ordered to food. We were called before our food arrived so we just moved to the lane and they had a nice little table there where they brought out our lunch to us and also had a service too. We had fun the only downside is that there was a party going on in the next lane and the kids were a bit wild while having little supervision from
Their parents. We have visited the one in Times Square and we do prefer that one a lot betterWritten 26 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Frames, sibling to the surprisingly fun and pleasant bar in the upstairs bowling alley, is on street level at 9th Ave and 43rd. Happy Hour offered reasonable prices, available tables and a quiet, calm atmosphere. My friend and I never felt pressured to order excessively or leave before we were done catching up. The location is very convenient and it is neither seedy nor intimidatingly posh — just a nice, comfy local spot.Written 13 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- With over 40 upscale bowling lanes, there was no waiting when I arrived without a week-day reservation. In addition to bowling, there are other games for a family entertainment experience including arcades, laser tags and more.
The Bolero chain is a gathering place for drinks and food with bowling so their overhead is more than a family-owned place. This upscale place comes with a hefty price. Three non-prime bowling games was $40. And that was only the week day rate. I brought my own bowling shoes so that would be an extra expense if you need them.
More importantly, this chain does NOT use free standing pins.They use string-pin technology which in my opinion makes the bowling pins harder to knock down. The string cord impacts pin movement which in turn can worsen your score. I'm
told higher maintenance costs with the free fall pins is becoming less attractive to bowling chains.
Looks like entertainment bowling is on the rise. Give me the old-school bowling alleys any day. Lucky for me, I have that experience in CT. I love the thrill of hearing the pins scatter into the pit.Written 17 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City
- These places are best for bowling alleys in New York City:See more bowling alleys in New York City on Tripadvisor