- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
799 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 799
What travellers are saying
- I get massages regularly in New York, and around the world when traveling. Meena was one of the best massage therapists I've ever had- she is extraordinary. She immediately picked up on the areas where I was tense (neck and shoulders) and proceeded to tackle each tense area patiently and meticulously. She was gentle, firm, and incredibly focused on releasing the tension. I cannot recommend her enough, and am already very much looking forward to going back.Written 14 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The place was very clean, calming, and soothing. Deep tissue Massage with Kelly was great. Left feeling like a million bucks.Written 1 February 2023
- The place is unique, but the staff is the magic here.
Thank you Will in the male locker-room. Your service and attentive care make a big difference.
Thank you Eddie for explains the baths
Last but not least, Duvan is and exceptional therapist.
The place is clean, people are courteous. May you always have successWritten 20 October 2022
- I was visiting from UK and attended Lorine’s session. She was so welcoming. Was such a great experience to practice yoga in Central ParkWritten 21 October 2022
- A dear friend of mine introduced me to Sri Dharma Mittra in 2007. I was living in New York at that time and was curious to meet a living Master in person. I was completely new to Yoga and didn’t really have any expectations; but somehow I knew. Perhaps “when the student is ready, the teacher arrives.”
I remember when I entered the Ashram (back then located on 3rd Avenue) for the first time, I immediately could feel, what is difficult to describe with words; let’s call it the “true spirit of Yoga”.
The love and devotion that emerged from everyone working in the Dharma Yoga Center, made it very easy for me to feel welcome and accepted. I got changed and ready for my first class with Sri Dharma. Then the Master himself arrived. As soon as he entered the Ashram, you could feel his Aura filling the space with love, peace and joy. In his humble and genuine way he welcomed everyone and then started his class. Hearing him speak and then to sing the holy OM, immediately put me at ease. There were some beginners like me, and a few much more advanced students, even a few other teachers taking his open level class.
As the Asanas were getting more challenging, I just fell more and more in love with this wonderful practice.
To watch, to listen and learn from Sri Dharma Mittra’s way of teaching was most inspiring. I even decided then to stay for the next lesson with him, which was Psychic Development.
There really are no words to describe the effect of my first experience in the Dharma Yoga Center. For all I knew, I had to come back and continue with the practice. And so I did.
Thanks to Sri Dharma’s inspiration, a few months later I also became a vegetarian and then few years later I applied for my first Dharma Yoga teacher training at the Center and got accepted. I remember each live changing day of the intensive immersion. All of the teachers and mentors in this process were extremely helpful and true inspirations. I’ve learned more than I can explain, much more than just the Asanas. And every moment being in the presence with Sri Dharma Mittra enriched my soul. I truly understood what it means to be a good teacher. I am for ever grateful to be able to share Sri Dharma Mittra’s teachings and spiritual knowledge.
After graduating as a Yoga Alliance registered Dharma Yoga teacher, I moved back to Germany, where I started teaching my own Dharma Yoga classes, and then again a few years later I moved to the UK, where I continue to share the wonderful teachings of Sri Dharma. I also just completed my next DY LOAY TT. Due to the pandemic I couldn’t travel, and so I took the training online instead. Despite of the distance, it was just as amazing, intense and impactful, as being in the same room with Sri Dharma Mittra and with his senior teachers and faculty at the centre. It’s wonderful that you can actually become a Dharma Yoga teacher, no matter where you are.
Dharma is the Sanskrit word for inner duty. As Sri Dharma says: Do it because it has to be done. The word Mittra means, a true friend that guides you and brings you happiness. A friend to all, like Sri Dharma, that you can trust. That is perhaps a good way to describe him and his teachings.
So if you feel ready and especially if you’re in New York, I highly recommend that you check out the Dharma Yoga Center.
Dharma Yoga is perfect for all of us in the fast paced world of today.
Maybe just try a class (even online), if you are looking for the “true spirit of Yoga”, wether you’re a beginner or advanced practitioner or a teacher; if you’d like to deepen your practice and perhaps feel ready to go beyond your fears and doubts; If you want to experience all facets of the “science to settle the mind into silence”, then Sri Dharma Mittra (also known as “the teacher’s teacher” and “the Rock of Yoga”, creator of the famous “908 Asanas” Yoga Chart ) and the Dharma Yoga Center is indeed what you’ve been looking for.Written 24 January 2023
- Absolutely amazing staff and loved the service and quality of work. The ladies were very friendly and knowledgeable.Written 25 November 2022
- I am very specific when it comes to Thai massage. I have tried so many, but this is a winner. I always go to Nana but I'm pretty sure that all the masseurs are highly skilled. I always opt for the traditional Thai on the mat. Plus the interior is amazing - beautiful decor, warm and clean. Highly recommend!Written 29 December 2019
- Great foot 60 min massage for 40$.
Very simple place a bit noisy but great massage. You first soaked your feet in water then after drying them they start alternating one foot after the other and up to the knee. After a long walk, very good. Will go back.Written 23 October 2022
- Today I walked into Joanna Vargas for the first time, as I am from Australia and have heard incredible things about this renowned salon and WOW! I was blown away. The facilities are beautiful and I was greeted nicely by the front desk staff. I went in for the famous Triple crown facial with master esthetician Anastasia and it was amazing. Anastasia was so knowledgeable and passionate and made sure I knew the benefits of everything she was doing whilst also letting me relax and take a little nap. I am OBSESSED with the microcurrent part of the facial and saw results right away. I left the facial feeling relaxed, refreshed and my skin felt hydrated and plump. Couldn’t recommend this facial and the Joanna Vargas salon anymore! 5/5 service and results. I already booked into my follow up treatment to do the same again in 6 weeks as I was told several treatments will only help improve results and keep my skin looking youthful and tight! Can’t wait to be back! Thanks to the incredible Anastasia and the team at JV!!
- ChloeWritten 12 November 2019
- I walked in this morning and asked if I could have the 915 massage that I saw on their webpage earlier this morning. It was a WONDERFUL 90 min massage!!Written 3 December 2022
- The massage was exceptional with Dawn being so attentive to my needs and making slight adjustments along the way as she listen closely to my comments. After the massage, I felt total relaxation. Also, the minimalist experience actually was great...focus on the massage and not the fluff or details of checking in, checking out, finding a robe, figuring out the tip. Instead, well informed ahead and used a digital experience to make it all happen seamlessly. Thanks, Dawn for making a rainy Sunday a sunshine experience!Written 22 October 2019
- This was my first experience with Thai massage. I was not sure what to expect. But Pilai is very professional. She asked if I had pain anywhere and spent extra time on those areas. She did not rush and took her time on each area. I felt very relaxed and did not experience any pain throughout this process. It was very refreshing at the end. Although I am unsure how long the effect lasts.Written 14 October 2022
- The Salon at Julien Farel is wonderful. If you ever need to have your color repaired, updated, or just want a few highlights go to Abby Haliti she is a true artist, and an all around lovely person. For a cut Hiro is fast and very professional. I can recommend him from personal experience. Abby is a real gem if you can get an appointment with her you should.Written 4 January 2022
- Soul Cycle has the best indoor spin classes, with no comparison to all the competition. It is a dance class on wheels, with the best instructors around. They are also the most obnoxious and greedy, and have become increasingly so over time. If you don't mind spending over $5K a year, that allows you to ride in the back of the room in back of all the people willing to lend the company $3500 ($70 a class) who generally don't know the routine as well as many others in the back. With each update of the mobile app and website, it has become increasingly clear that Soul Cycle plays games with bike assignments, reserving the front row not just for people willing to pay more, but also teachers pets. After 10 years of spinning loyally here, I can no longer get into most of the classes I have been taking for 10 years (unless i want to pay double), and now they have a new program called Soul Early, whereby they allow anyone to pay $15 extra to also book before the rest of us. In my opinion, Soul Cycle is taking for granted to subscription value of my business, and it dawns on me that I know all the routines by heart since I now ride in the back with my eyes closed! Hmmmm I can just get a spin bike at home, and do the memorized routine at home, duh and done. It appears that everyone is doing this, because it is so easy to get into mid-week classes, and impossible on weekends, I think I will follow the leaders and only go to soul when it is a Master Instructor at a prime time, and hey how about a discount on all those mid-week classes that are now empty?Written 30 August 2019
- Been going yo Fishion for 3 years. This is the best massage ever. Deep tissue, elbows used, painful at times if your muscles are all sore like mine... BUT it works ! I leave feeling much better and the pains are all gone. A must !Written 26 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City
- These are the best places for budget-friendly spas & wellness in New York City:See more budget-friendly spas & wellness in New York City on Tripadvisor