- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
25 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Flea & Street Markets
Downtown Manhattan (Downtown)
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Chelsea Market is a food, shopping Hall, office building and television production facility in Manhattans Chelsea district and spans a full city block between 9th & 10th avenue and 15th & 16th streets. I popped in here at the end of my High Line walk.
I ventured into one of my favourite clothing retailer: Anthropologie, and the book-worm in me could not resist a visitation to bookseller: Posman Books. The Chelsea Market is acclaimed as a foodie paradise and that it is, offering a variety of full service restaurants as well as the grab-and-go variety. Everyone was beating down the door at the Takumi eatery so I tried their trendy Asian Fusion Taco.....a great treat.The Chelsea is a unique and invigorating Market.Written 23 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- European-style food shopping here. Located between the Graybar Building and Subway Lines 4-6 on Lexington Ave, it is a great market to support local small businesses. Also helpful when you need a take out for your subway or train ride home.Written 15 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- LOVE this place! I take the train from Connecticut specifically to go to this market! The selection of fruits and vegetables is vast and the freshness incomparable. The baked goods are equally as impressive! It is such a fun place to wander and purchase delicious, fresh and healthy products in a fun location!Written 14 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Essex market is a wonderful food hall and market. We used to go to the original one across the street. It's great to see most of the original vendors at the new Essex market. Overall now there are many vendors to choose from. Some of our favorites are Riverdel Vegan Cheese and Delicacies great for vegan cheeses and food, Shopsin's General Store with it long list of amazing breakfast, Eat Gai for tasty Korean fried chicken, and Mille Nonne with their comfort Italian food.Written 30 January 2023
- We been to NY a few times but I don’t know why We haven’t visit this market until today! We had some Mexican food and then we went to the lobster place. All the food was superb! We really enjoy it. The place it’s trendy and hipster...we will definitely be back!Written 30 October 2019
- As Australians we really enjoyed this little market. A variety of countries represented and little treasures to be found amongst the tat. Mostly older items as a market should be. I found a treasure.Written 27 June 2018
- A choice of restaurants serving steaks, pizzas, shakes, rolls, and international food. You choose as per your taste to order, self serve yourself, and hang around the greenery and sit on park seats to enjoy your food. It is a collection of Quick Service restaurants for awesome street food.Written 28 April 2019
- What a variety of foods from Duck, ostrich meat, gourmet bones for your dog, beautiful swordfish steaks everything and almost anything.
Even if you are not buying fun to wander around.Written 30 December 2018
- The Fulton Street fish market has been around for decades and has been featured in many movies over the years. Interesting to visit.Written 5 February 2022
- Gypsy Nation Vintage has the best booth inside. Tell Lana hello! Lots of amazing fashion with great prices. Also inside building: lots of jewelry, cool items, and you can even get tattooed or pierced!! check out their other locations as well.Written 18 February 2019
- This is a small outdoor market (it might take you ten minutes to walk through it) full of African clothes, jewelry and other items. A very interesting place and not too expensive.Written 9 July 2019
- Maybe due to the closing of the Hell's Kitchen Flea and the Garage Flea, this 26th Street Flea has attracted higher quality vendors. More old jewelry (both flea and precious) offered. Generally friendly vendors who will negotiate a little on price. This is in a mid-block parking lot with no food or comfort facilities. Worth a visit and conveniently located. With a little luck, there will not be too much traffic in the area.Written 6 June 2019
- As a was walking down Canal Street observing how big Chinatown has gotten and how tiny little Italy still stands I saw this Marketplace with a great environment. We are talking of a indoor walk around marketplace with different selections of foods and treats.Written 24 October 2019
- There are lots of vendors selling yummy food. We had a strawberry galette with chocolate drizzle from Pie Corps. It was fantastic to enjoy a treat while enjoying beautiful views of the Brooklyn Bridge.Written 4 July 2013
- This Market is in my neighborhood and I've been going there for 20 years. It really never disappoints. The farmers market is great- but if you want a little treasure- you can find it at a reasonable price. I recommend Aki, he can make ANY kind of jewelry you want- and has great stuff, Nina, for costume, Ben for Indian, and all the other regular dealers are fair and fun- there is an indoor and outdoor and restroom facilities which is so nice. The regulars are always there rain or shine.Written 10 July 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City
- These are the best places for couples seeking flea & street markets in New York City:See more flea & street markets for couples in New York City on Tripadvisor