- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We saw Million Dollar Quartet at 2pm on a Thursday after hiking four miles at DuPont State Recreational Forest. It made a perfect vacation day. The playhouse is a charming, intimate and well managed venue. The play was professional and exciting. I can’t say enough of the talent demonstrated in that play.Written 17 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A nice house to visit, with great hiking trails. Much more enjoyable if you are familiar with Sandburg's works.A lovely place to visit, with an excellent hiking trail up to Glassy Mountain (1.3 miles one way, about 500’ in elevation gain). Also has a goat barn, which doesn’t impress me, but little kids love it. It is extra nice that dogs are allowed on the hiking trails. Do yourself a favor, and get familiar with Carl Sandburg's works before you visit. A great way to do this is to watch "The Day Carl Sandburg Died" on Youtube.
WARNING! Unlike most National Parks, THIS PLACE IS NOT OPEN EVERY DAY. Tours are timed, and group sizes are limited. Strongly suggest making reservations for the tour. DO NOT ASSUME you can get a walk-in / same day tour.Written 29 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We wanted to walk off our dinner before heading back to our hotel, so searched Google for a "scenic park" and WOW what a little gem this is. Its like a mini botanical garden with walking trails through gorgeous varieties of flowers and trees. I was sorry we didnt find it earlier in the day so we couldve seen more of it, but we arrived around 20mins before sunset so only made it halfway before having to turn back. OH and for you parents, it has a really cool playground for the kids. I would love to see this type at parks near me!Written 28 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful winery with gorgeous views! My daughter could not understand why I kept saying we had to fit this in our schedule of cleaning my folks house In Hendersonville until we went. She absolutely loved it. We got the testing of reds with the chocolates which is amazing and the cheese tray. The staff is awesome and one of the ladies actually remembered me from my previous visits -- which was over a year ago! If you like wineries -- do not miss this one!Written 6 December 2022
- We went here with a bus of about 50 kids. We were in the area for a marching band tournament. The kids had a blast, the staff was friendly, and they managed us well. The facilities were clean and there was a little bit of something g for everyone to do. The donuts were amazing and I am very glad these South Florida kids had this great experience. Thank you Sky Top!!Written 31 October 2022
- Took this hike with our 3 teenagers, including the ropes portion to the Narrows. Tough climb both ways but so worth it to see the rapids. The trail is well marked throughout. Parking is a little interesting- google maps did not put us where we wanted to be - it stopped at private property- but we kept going on that road and found an entrance a little past. We passed a few people on the trail but not crowded at all. Worth the trip!!!Written 29 December 2020
- This is a small shop in a small strip with a dentist office and the Flat Rock Post Office; it's filled with treasures! It's difficult to find something "Made in America" but you certainly can here. It was a great place to Christmas shop.Written 27 January 2020
- We spent about two hours here. The selection of kitchen products and outside decor is top notch. We have travelled all over the US and this place is special. We purchased over $200 here and could have spent more. Helpful friendly staff. Plenty of parking in what appears to be a safe area along I-26.Written 14 September 2022
- This is a fun place. A quaint theater that advertises itself as the place for a 'cheap date," but is well worth every penny. If you're in the area, check it out. My wife and I enjoyed the movie, some good popcorn and hard cider. A simple, yet fun afternoon.Written 31 March 2022
- After visiting an orchard in Flat Rock, continued on to Hendersonville. To my surprise, a quaint, fun, diverse stop to shop. I've never been to 'historic' Flat Rock and this shop just added to the adventure. A bakery, bbq and other places in same block. Stop, shop and enjoy from art, stationary, gift and unique kid items.Written 26 September 2020
- Dropped by and had to wait a bit as there is a limited number of folks allowed inside. I appreciate that effort and waiting was not a bit deal. It was worth the wait. The gallery has a beautiful assortment of many mediums of art. Definitely worth a visit.Written 13 February 2021
- So many wonderful and unique items in the small but beautifully appointed shop. I found a number of treasures and was very pleased with the prices. I also love their dedication to supporting fair trade businesses.Written 13 February 2021
- Facial or massage, Anna is simply fantastic at her career. Highly recommend. Felt stress leave and my face looked 10 years younger.Written 21 February 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Flat Rock
- The most popular things to do in Flat Rock with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Flat Rock on Tripadvisor
Flat Rock Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 2:56 a.m.|