- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful architecture and an amazing collection and services of UCSD. The library also has an amazing g exhibit of the archives and collection of Theus Seuss Geisel (named on his behalf), Dr. Seuss.Written 23 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best part to me at Mission Bay/Mission Beach was Bellmont Park, lots of fun and vendors for shopping. Bumper cars, zip lining, roller coaster, good eats, plenty of vendors along the beach.Written 16 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- First of all this place is big!! I was at a nationwide convention and we didnt even take up half of it. In my opinion it is hard to rate a conv ctr. There were plenty of restrooms, the location was right across the street from the gaslamp dist. and there were some good views Of San Diego bay from the back side. There are several hotels around it. The staff i did talk to were all friendly and helpfullWritten 1 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Standing on top of this seaside village we can see a few big caves,
Smell of fishes, great scenery of the Pacific oceanWritten 6 May 2019
- The iconic central library is back and open for browsing daily except for Sundays. The parking garage below is now totally automated and still has 2 hours of free parking with endorsement. Although the shop used book shop is still closed, the library "gift" shop is open with new stock and sale items. There seems to be more security guards who are actively walking through the stacks.Written 10 July 2021
- Tecolote Canyon Natural Park hike trail is a nice escape from the city in the city, easily accessible and you can easily reach it by bus as it is on the bus route.Written 11 December 2020
- We stopped by for a quick look on the way to the Harbor Cruise. A T-shirt sporting a flamingo caught my eye….then I noticed the SD for San Diego…but also for my initials! Reasonable prices. I did not want to purchase the shirt right then as we were headed for the cruise. Alyssa was kind enough to hold it for me until we returned from the cruise. Thank you, so much!Written 5 October 2022
- Unfortunately we only went here half way through our day visit. This is effectively a visitor centre, as the staff here as well as the information available was excellent and making this the first stop would help to decide how best to spend you timeWritten 6 November 2017
- The Houses of Pacific Relations are a collection of cottage showcasing cultures from around the world. Originally they were hospitality cottages for visitors from foreign countries during the world's fairs but have been re-purposed as cultural showcases. Each house highlights their culture and usually the influence of that culture on San Diego. Most houses have national treats to serve. Enjoy them all in an afternoon but be certain to visit the House of Norway.
The House of Norway along with the Sons of Norway and Daughters of Norway keep the Norwegian Heritage alive in San Diego County.Written 10 April 2017
- Super quick and convenient. The process was very simple and easy to follow. It also helped that it was week day so the it wasn’t crowded. Word of advise if you are travelling more than San Diego get your I-94 a week in advance, you can do it in the spot but I just prefer to have it ready.Written 30 November 2022
- As a Lifetime Member, I generally prefer to go to the DL clubs over the UA clubs. I can do this when they are located in the terminal from which I am flying. At SFO, the DL club is a 10-15 min walk from the F gates. It is much nicer than the old United Club by the F rotunda.
We flew UA from SAN to SFO the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It was busy, of course. The UA and DL clubs are right next to each other. They are both fairly small. I chose the DL club. It was crowded. We first had a small table for the 3 of us inside. After a few minutes, a table in the "outside part" became free. It was airy and nice. I bought a bottle of rosé champagne for us, my usual at the DL clubs. The food was limited in comparison to larger clubs, but it was good. I later wanted to get a bottle of the Pinot Noir, but they had it in storage. It came in too late, since we were boarding soon. That's why I took off a point.Written 29 November 2022
- Awesome deals at the Friends-run bookstore inside the La Jolla Library. Great for visitors and locals alike. New and vintage fiction, non-fiction, foreign language and children's books, as well as DVDs and CDs. All proceeds benefit La Jolla Library and other San Diego City Libraries. Books range in price from $.50 on up, with most in the $1.00-3.00 range.Written 30 October 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about San Diego
- These are the best places for kid-friendly traveller resources in San Diego:See more traveller resources for children in San Diego on Tripadvisor