11 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is the annual event at the end of June. Lots of things going on in the City, a film festival, the Dyke March, private parties, special concerts, plus the huge parade on Market Street on the last Sunday. And then the party in Civic Center after the parade. The outdoor events are free and attract youth, which is terrific. An institution, attracting a lot of tourists.Written 5 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great experience. Many stages to check out and I cook one that was favorable to me. Extra security made the event safe but it also created bottle necks that were serious and scary. Well worth going.Written 4 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was probably one of oldest in the crowd. Youth stared at me when I danced (perfectly sober) to the songs and sang along. It's sad people think we should outgrow music festivals. Not cheap. Make sure you like the line up. Be fair and make your way to the front early, Don't pretend you are meeting a friend at the stage. But seriously, nowadays you have to pay extra at a single venue for "the pit" where here, if you plan right, you can get super close. Don't go if you can't handle crowds, or if smelling pot gets to you. (I find today's pot smells gross). Explore, explore, explore. wear comfortable shoes. Plan to spend a lot on fun foods. They DO have lockers, go ahead and bring that coat for nights. Good crowd, decent mix, I was expecting a little more cutural diversity but maybe it was the line up. OK, "oldtimers" it is not as great as "Day on the Green" but has a similar vibe for this era. Gen Xers, we love you, sorry you missed the "Day on the Green" days, I guess there is no duplicating it. Tip: Only plan a porta potty break during a headliner act you may not particularly enjoy. Pick your "must see" acts and minimize liquids before then. Plan to wait 30-40 min to get near the main stage then another 1.5 hours or so for the act. They end promptly, I suppose due to local noise ordinances, so don't expect awesome encores. Have fun!Written 14 August 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent! I had no idea what this was and being nosey approached an attendant to ask what? It’s a simple sleep experiment !! It wasn’t and everyone had the tole great experienceWritten 19 August 2022
- The 45-minute immersive attraction walks you through scene after scene of the horrific history of he San Francisco Mint. Very creepy, gory, raunchy, and funny. The sets and acting are excellent, way beyond the usual haunted house tour. There is fun zombie-filled escape room that uses modern technology, and places to hang out, eat good food, drink, shop, and get your Tarot cards read. A whole evening's worth of spooky entertainment in one grand historic building.Written 20 October 2019
- This is a 35min looping show, inside a big building.
There are several problems with the building: 1) inconvenient location at Market & Van Ness. 2) inside features of the building are visible during the video, and can be slightly distracting. Well, this building was not originally a movie theater.
After entering the viewing area and settling in (pick a circle or bench or stand somewhere), you are drawn into the experience, but it took me a while to get comfortable.
The projections and semi-animation of the paintings are beautiful to watch, and the music accompanying the progression of paintings works well. I really did enjoy the show, but in my opinion, it is worth about $30, not ~$50/ticket. My family of 5 spent ~$300 to see this; I think WAY OVERPRICED. There are even more expensive "VIP" tickets you can buy; DON'T DO IT. You don't really need the free seat cushion or poster, and the view from above it not better, and even with timed entry tickets you can go in early or later. It was not crowded (probably due to high ticket price).
We watched the sequence several times, so we could change our seating around the room and catch details we missed the first time.
When you are done watching the show, you exit into the gift shop (what a surprise), which is similarly OVERPRICED. But we bought some items anyway. (would have bought more, though, if prices were more reasonable).
Basically this is a unique experience and the show is great. I would rate it 4 or 5 stars if the ticket price was more on the order of ~$30, which is really what it is worth (since venue is sub-standard for this experience).Written 28 December 2021
- San Francisco Orchid Society Exhibit at Golden Gate Park's Hall of Flowers for locals, tourists, friends, families, couples and solos.
This exotic aromatic orchid exhibition is always something to plan on attending. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Orchid lovers and growers can purchase orchids and orchid supplies.Written 8 November 2019
- Disappointed. Not immersive. Smells terrible : Don’t go. Buy a book about the Sistine Chapel insteadThis event is completely over-hyped for what it is and takes place in the old Sears building in the Westshore plaza - with a very strong moldy smell. I was expecting a multi media event, but this is just large reproductions of the Sistine chapel arranged in a confusing way. The staff at the event said they’ve tried to mask the smell with scented candles but it doesn’t make a difference. Some of the placards describing the panels are also damaged. It really isn’t worth any money at all and I would have enjoyed an expensive coffee table book instead.Written 16 June 2022
- Beautiful location in the heart of SOMA/downtown SF. I have always enjoyed the MLK Memorial waterfall fountain, and this little oasis of calm in the middle of the City. The free weekly shows are very nice, a wide variety of international music. The Festival puts out chairs for attendees (nice touch) or you can bring your own blanket, etc. Great spot for a picnic or simply relaxing.Written 31 May 2023