- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
20 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
Downtown San Francisco
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The Moscone Centre is a massive complex and well designed, modern and fit for its purpose. Easy to navigate and well serviced.Written 8 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- And a,good place to stop, if you want to go visiting officiously.
Well, they also seemed to have the only public restrooms for a mile around, and definitely you might want to stop by before or after climbing the bridge. The restrooms are opposite the Welcome centre.
Tip. For heading back to the SF city, you should cross under the road to the tola station on the other side. That's the place for regular buses (about $5) to the city. Though there is a bus stop in the parking lot of the Welcome Centre, I don't know how regularly those buses run: I didn't see any in two days of visiting the GGB.Written 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited this library one Sunday afternoon before going to the playground across the street.
A kids center on the 2nd floor and not crowded at all! There were a few adults without kids and doing their own stuff, but it's nice and quiet overall.
My kids (8 & 5) managed to read a few books. Clean restrooms as well.
A place for a refreshing break to the other tourist attractions.Written 10 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a bit tough to find this place as the google location would point it as the street but in fact the information centre is is at the right location in under ground.
Once when you reach there, the entire set of staff is too friendly and helpful to ensure we are reaching the right place and the right time by providing clarity. I would suggest you to plan reaching this place maximum by 10am so that you can plan you day clearlyWritten 26 March 2017
- We went to the Presidio Officer's Club museum today and it was fantastic. We are locals and I couldn't believe we had never been there before! There's an amazing museum that tells the history of the Presidio (currently open on Saturdays only from 11 AM-4 PM).
Steve, our guide, was a veteran who had actually worked in the building back when it was a US military club. He was full of knowledge and interesting anecdotes. We loved chatting with him. The Andy Goldsworthy "Earth Wall" artwork was also amazing to see at the museum. Highly recommend a visit- we will be back. Also, it's free!Written 12 March 2022
- The California Welcome Center at Pier 39 is such a great place! I found a lot of brochures for attractions across California and the service I received was fantastic! Any travelers to the city who find themselves at the pier be sure you stop at the CWC!!Written 11 February 2013
- We took the bus from San Francisco and headed to Cow Palace in Daly City for the Charles Dickens Christmas Fair. The fair was not in the huge main building but in a smaller one around the back. This how ever also turned out to be very large. The Fair had three rows of stalls, shops and bars, with music halls and stages at opposite ends. The negative is that it is mainly a cash cow, having paid our entrance fee the main thrust is to buy and spend more. That said our main enjoyment came from spotting the Dickens characters portrayed by the actors through out the hall. There were scenes from Scrooge on the stage spread out over the day while an "alley," was dedicated to Oliver Twist. Plenty of visitors also contributed by dressing up for the day which helped create a great atmisphere. I believe the opening times were 10-6 but I would say that despite being visually brilliant we ran out of things to do after three hours.Written 25 November 2018
- CHS is a great organization with wonderful programing, but not enough space to exhibit all its interesting historical items. You should definitely drop by - they always have one good exhibit up.
Check their website calendar for author and artist presentations.
Their library is a great source if you want to do some in-depth research.Written 23 July 2016
- This hidden gem warrants a visit. It's like stepping inside 'old San Francisco,' but also relishing how it remains such a vibrant and relevant gathering place.Written 23 October 2018
- A trip to this beautiful sanctuary will make you feel great. The beauty of these isles off the coast of the San Francisco is worthy, in my humble opinion, of a membership and\or donation to support this important work in maintaining this beautiful habitat. Outdoor activities and education abound. I have placed this listing into the TripAdvisor database to include hours, website and so on that one may learn from their extensive offerings online. I hope you experience this treasure to our beautiful San Francisco Bay Area. It is a magical experience for kids and adults alike who love the outdoors.Written 10 July 2017
- This lovely construct dates from 1921 and was a Carnegie library. Ornate decorative features enhance the facade. The entrance comprises an impressive sweep of double steps.
In the late 1950s it underwent a name change to reflect more accurately the inhabitants it served.
It is quite large within, having underwent expansion and a re-dedication in the mid 1990s. As expected, it contains many volumes in Chinese.Written 12 November 2018
- We had a nice day in the Presidio Area. There is the nice grassy area, the Disney Museum, various buildings to explore As part of the visit we also went to the Presidio Visitor Center.Written 18 August 2020
- First time at this confernece center. I like how cozy it was. Gave the attendees the ability to connect.Written 16 November 2016
- If you are in need of any special event production services, I would highly suggests using NextArts for any of your lighting, audio/visual, and decor needs. NextArts was recommended to me by a close friend, who utilized their services for a wedding. I was told that they would provide a professional touch which could turn my event from mundane to remarkable. And after the superb job performed at my event, I couldn't agree more.
NextArts was able to provide excellent service, that I believed elevated my event and made it truly memorable. The technicians were extremely knowledgeable and courteous. They delivered, set up, and removed all the equipment in a very expedient and professional manner. Two of the techs "Hollywood" and "JM" were more than helpful and provided outstanding customer service throughout the duration of my event.
NextArts provided a combination of drapery and lighting that transformed an otherwise ordinary setting into one of beauty, with an aesthetic that everyone in attendance could appreciate. The event went off without a hitch, and many attendees spoke of being impressed with the overall presentation of the event.
Calling NextArts turned out to be very sound advice. The NextArts team played in integral part in the success of my event, and I regard them as the "Go-to" company for any of your event needs.Written 20 June 2016
- I'd usually avoid an exhibition this small unless I'm really interested in what it covers. But this one, on the 100th anniversary of Bauhaus type design, was packed with examples, most from the early decades. It was fascinating. (It also helped that I could get in free through my membership with NARM, North American Reciprocal Museums.)
The entrance isn't marked. I've included a photo of it. The sign listing building tenants shows two different street addresses in (it seems) the same building. We were lucky that we met someone coming out of the building to tell us what to do. You might call ahead for directions.Written 7 March 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about San Francisco
- These are the best places for kid-friendly traveller resources in San Francisco:See more traveller resources for children in San Francisco on Tripadvisor