- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
144 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 144
What travellers are saying
- Fun - just join a queue at one of the turnarounds - street musicians make the wait entertaining! Great way to get good views and deal with those hills!Written 5 August 2022
- We loved riding the historic streetcars! From Castro to Fisherman's Wharf, they got us just about everywhere we wanted to go!Written 18 July 2022
- This is a lovely ride across the Bay to Marin County. The views of the bridges and islands are superb. It's comfortable and fast and you don't have to drive! You can also get a drink!Written 21 July 2022
- I am a big supporter of public transit, and I commuted on BART for over 30 years. Now I use it as a substitute for driving, but have been away because of Covid. The mask requirement has been recently reinstated, but few riders were masked. Homeless people on board, as usual. The new cars are supposed to be easier to clean, and it shows. The system is suffering and we need better.Written 4 August 2022
- The water taxi is a great service, I would like to caution you if your old disabled or un-physically fit, it is difficult to board this boat. I will never ride it again because although the boat and the service is pleasant they have to do something about getting on and off this boat. See pictures.Written 7 October 2021
- A little as USD 5 per day for multiple rides on 3 modes of transportation (Bus, Tram, Metro Train) except Cable Cars to move around the city.
The buses are punctual with friendly and helpful drivers while the tram or street cars has 2 lines - F-Market & Wharves Streetcar Line covering places of interest of both historic and modern as follows:
The Castro District
Upper Market & Civic Center
Union Square & Convention Area
Ferry Building & The Embarcadero
Pier 39 & Fisherman’s Wharfs
A great way to explore the places mentioned above as we can also hop-on and off as much as we like in a day.Written 27 March 2022
- I went to see the San Francisco Maritime Historical Park - Hyde Pier area. At this pier is several boats; one of which is the Eureka Steam Ferry.
The Eureka Steam Ferry is a side wheel paddle steamboat built in 1890.
I purchased my admission to tour the Eureka and other boats there.Written 2 February 2020
- My husband and I stayed in Napa for 3 days. We booked a 2 day Napa & Sonoma wine tour with Boundless Tours. Barak helped make tasting reservations for us which made it a lot easier, and we loved the wineries he chose for us. During the tour Barak shared a lot of interesting information about Napa Valley history and wine culture. He gave us great recommendations for restaurants, and places to see. We will definitely book with Boundless Tours again on our next visit to the wine country.Written 20 August 2021
- This was a wonderful tour! Dustin is a great tour guide/driver and made the tour really fun! He was very knowledgable and answered lots of questions too. The small group was very international (Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, England and USA) and we all got along great. The open air van was really fun and made the drive enjoyable. We visited the Golden Gate Park, 4 different vineyards, a bakery plus had lunch at one of the vineyards. Each vineyard was unique so it didn't feel repetitious. The last winery included a brewery too which was fun!. The ferry ride home was perfect and we didn't get stuck in the traffic. It's an all day tour yet well worth it!Written 22 June 2019
- All in a very good experience getting tickets at very short notice when everyone else had zero availableBike shop used was a long way from pier 33 for Alcatraz ferry so had to return bikes earlier than idealWritten 13 July 2022
- It was my first time using this service, and based on some great Yelp! reviews, my expectations were high. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed! I booked it for a trip from our home to SFO because we wanted at 4:45am pickup to make a very early flight more tolerable. I was sick of calling taxis at that time, wondering if the dispatcher was sleeping or what sort of cab would show up at that hour. The Pleasant Limo driver showed up on time (even early, actually) and he was polite, professional, and the car was clean and beautiful. The ride was a breeze and took the stress out of the whole experience. I would totally use them again!Written 11 May 2022
- I found this service before I left Dublin and made a reservation to pick us (3 adults) up at SFO on our arrival. We had golf clubs with us and I figured Uber and other options would have trouble fitting at that. Also last time I tried a regular taxi or Uber was $200 from SFO to Concord. Mgl limo promised a large black suv and at $238 including taxes and tip I thought wow! They took my flight information and by the time we landed they texted they would be waiting when we emerged from the terminal. Excellent communication! The Cadillac Escalade easily fit us and the clubs and the ride was such a blessing after such a loooong day. Fantastic. Will definitely use again.Written 11 July 2022
- Every time I have guest in town and want to visit wine country i call up Cardinal. They are so accommodating! This last trip I booked a trip to visit a few wineries in Sonoma with a few friends. Lonny, our driver was not only punctual but he offered to detour from our schedule to find us a drive through that had breakfast. Highly recommend!Written 5 November 2021
- To review Red Star I can only use superlatives.Serge is interesting to talk to,prompt,efficient and is a meticulous planner.The office is similarly efficient and so easy to deal with.Would not use another service in the Bay Area.We plan a return trip early next year.Written 4 December 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about San Francisco
- These experiences are best for transportation in San Francisco:
- California Central Coast 3-Day Private Tour from San Francisco
- Experience the Thrills of Yosemite 3-Day Package hotel accommodation included
- Private Arrival Transfer from San Francisco Airport SFO
- Best San Francisco, Muir Woods & Sausalito Private Combo Tour
- Private Napa Valley & Sonoma Wine Country Combo Tour from San Francisco
- These are the most romantic places for transportation in San Francisco:See more romantic transportation in San Francisco on Tripadvisor