- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
25 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Shop for the things for your stay! Interact with wonderful artists and small, local growers. It is charming and pleasant. We will go back on the second day later this week! ❤️Written 7 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice local famers market with mostly, almost all food items. Some booths were under parking garage shade. It was well attended when we went. If you are hungry it is worth stopping.Written 5 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I are amateur glassblowers, and we try to take a class from glass artists anywhere we visit. We were thrilled to find Island Glassworks in Kailua, a town where we were staying for 9 days. Geoff, the owner, was so helpful in setting up a 4 hour class and in telling us about the town. The studio itself is one of the cleanest and best set up that I've seen anywhere in the US...and a gorgeous stream w/ coconut tree are the back yard of the shop! It's stunning. Our instructor, Emily, was so good at teaching us new techniques, new shapes and new color applications. She's an excellent teacher.
Island Glassworks also has beautiful glass for sale and by commission. If you want to learn about hot glass, come check out Island Glassworks to watch, to take a beginners class or to purchase something made. Support these superb local artists!Written 16 June 2010This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Love this market! Awesome people food and live music! Event parking is a plus, and it’s pet friendly. Covered market makes is nice, cool and shady. Plus it’s also covered when it’s raining!
Go check it out, You will enjoy it!Written 20 October 2019
- During our most recent visit to Oahu, we found our way to the Tikimaster warehouse. Time browsing and talking with Jéròme was pleasant and informative. Jéròme and his team packed and shipped our Hawaiian treasures, promptly and carefully, as promised. Try shopping “away from the shops”!Written 25 June 2019
- Tour guide was very knowledgeable and passionate about chocolate. Every detail was thoroughly presented. I enjoyed tasting chocolate and rum and learning the origins of a masterful art.Written 4 December 2022
- We go here whenever we are on the Waimanalo side. The sandwiches are very good and fresh. This is a good replacement to the Mexican restaurant that use to be here...Written 21 January 2023
- We found the Madre Chocolate stand at the Kapiʻolani Community College Farmer's Market after our sunrise Diamond Head hike. I'm so glad that the gentleman working there got our attention because talking with him was a treat. His passion for the chocolate was contagious. He gave us a variety of samples of the bars and the chocolate shell tea and my wife and I were hooked.
In particular, the Nine Fine Mynahs and Horchata Bar are outstanding, with the former being among the best chocolate I've ever tasted, ever. It's rich flavor was just outstanding.Written 5 June 2020
- I have to hit local bookshops any time I travel, and BookEnds was no disappointment! They have an excellent mix of new releases and quality used books. Excellent children's section, and local interest area. If you have time to stop it, very much recommend it!!Written 13 October 2021
- My wife was in the market for new running shoes. I'm glad we stopped at Be Fit Kailua instead of going to a big box.
They have a good selection of footwear for varied terrains. And some brands you won't find at any ol' sporting goods store. Altra, Topo, Newton, Brooks to name a few. Jeff was a huge help and very knowledgable. It's nice to shop at a place and be able to talk running shoe techs and specs.
The gear and nutrition selection was most righteous. Ultimate Direction, Hammer Nutrition, Feetures! Socks (our favorite), you name it. Vests, handhelds, packs and hydration belts. Gadgets and gizmos a-plenty. The shop seems dialed into the running-swimming-biking community too.
I think I saw some swim and tri-related gear in the shop too.
You won't waste your time here. Even just to stop by and check out the selection.Written 26 August 2015
- If you are visiting the Kailua area during a trip to Oahu then a stop at the Kailua Square Shopping Center is recommended. There are some nice local shops and restaurants. It is a pedestrian and pet friendly town. We enjoy the laid back lifestyle of Kailua. They have a great farmer's market on Thursday nights from 5:00-7:30 p.m.Written 28 October 2017
- I could spend the whole day there. The artistic, natural beauty from the displayed items are breathtaking. I just love this place!!!Written 22 August 2019
- My sister lives in Kailua and recommended I go here. There’s a couple shops connected. The one I shopped in had local artwork that I always try to support, jewelry, home decor.
Definitely worth browsing aroundWritten 6 December 2021
- Super Cute little boutique! Love love all the sweet Hawaiian products! You can tell the owner has a great eye for detail and she is as sweet as her shop!Written 23 January 2016
- The Aloha Home Market is awesome! Super cool to check out a bunch of locally run small businesses selling quality art and home goods. The live music was also a great touch! Another perk was that the event is pet friendly, so lots of cute dogs to check out! We also picked up some locally sourced kombucha from a hipster pop-up kombucha bar called Chava. We'll definitely be coming back to their next event!Written 12 September 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Kailua
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Kailua:See more budget-friendly shopping in Kailua on Tripadvisor