Top Attractions in Virginia Beach
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Besides the beach there enty of places to rent everything from bikes to paddle boards and jets skis. The Boardwalk is quite long and lined with not just hotels but also shops and restaurants. One end has a fishing pier that does have a fee even if you just want to site see and not fish. The good thing is that if you do want to fish you don't need a license. Grommet park is a nice play area for the little ones. There are also free concerts during yhe summer. Nice place to spend a family vacation.Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- SP3629-Down South
Everyone in our family group of 16 enjoyed this property, so much so that we arranged to come back next year too. Being on the bayside was a different experience for us, as we have rented on the beach side for more than 10 years. We really like the atmosphere of the bay side. What we also liked was the size and roominess of Down South (except the bathrooms, which are small). The kitchen was well stocked.
As for improvements, the ice machine in the kitchen refrigerator was slow to make ice., and there was a nail sticking up on the inside steps between the first and second floors. Thanks for the use of the hammer. However, the main safety improvement that should be done is to the front deck on the second floor. The deck has one step to a lower level and it is not obvious to someone new. Four people in our party almost fell by missing the step. The last board of the top level should be stained a different color to call your attention to the step. We put a piece of silver tape on that board, but it did not stick due to the rain.Written 2 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well maintained beaches. Great local food and fun. A variety of places to stay. Many activities to do.Written 25 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is the real deal for anyone interested in history. The staff was professional, friendly and most of all very knowledgeable. Our docent, “Flash” gave my son and I a superb tour of their WW1 hangar, their tower/ weather center and lastly their German aviation building. Flash is a retired fight pilot and really gave detailed information on each aircraft. We definitely will be going back on our next beach trip.Written 28 July 2022
- My wife and i found the dolphin boat tour very informative. Yes we did see dolphins including a baby. The staff was very polite and answered all our questions. Well worth the price.Written 8 August 2022
- Plenty of hiking/biking trails to make everyone happy. Trails are clearly marked with distance and difficulty level. Beautiful park.Written 20 July 2022
- Nice National Refuge with protected shoreline, clean sand, clear beaches, ocean, and lots of wildlifeNice gem of a National Wildlife Refuge. Nicely maintained trails and protected wildlife of all kinds. Today we saw ospreys. sandpipers, plenty of flowers, and even a turtle. Nice place to enjoy the open air and ocean breezes.Written 28 July 2022
- Band playing, people dancing, great atmosphere. I would love to come back and spend an evening on the lawn next to the ocean.Written 27 June 2022
- We did a NC coast Light House venture. This area is so beautiful and the drive down the coast was wonderful. I would highly suggest visiting the area.Written 27 July 2022
- Lovely park. No admission or parking fees. Lots of parking spaces in multiple lots.
Lots of paths, steps and hills to get a nice workout in…or a stroll.
Nice play area for the kids. Bathrooms and vending machines available in main parking area.Written 12 June 2022
- I have pictures by Neptune for almost every stage of my life! It was awesome to get a photo of my boys this time!Written 7 August 2022
- The people in Chic's Beach are what make it great. It has the magical combination of a small-town, countryside feel with a hefty, yet gently flowing vibe of a sun-bathed, fishing and surfing resort complete with all the beauties in swimwear. You'll have a magnificent experience if you can chill and take it all in like a local - with a tanned smile, delicious drinks in hand.Written 15 July 2022
- I just went with 3 friends for a night in Mid-May. I was worried about the flies after reading the reviews, but did not encounter any. The weather had been cool leading up to it, and I'm thinking that when the heat gets here late May they start ramping up. We biked in- HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Unless you are going in cooler months, hiking in with no cover will be fairly miserable. We used a bike trailer to stash a lot of our gear and it worked well.
It's a wonderfully remote experience with practically no one on the beach, which you can camp on if you wish.
We did see one cottonmouth on the road but that was it, which was surprising. Watch your step and use your headlamp at night and you should be fine. Turtles, birds and other wildlife abound. Lots more to see than we had time for and I will be back!Written 17 May 2022
- met several who are aware of ldmyers cayce connection.
.myers ascended master.
.channeling many including edgar
myers gave extended readins to cvayce great grandaughter
and was spirit and brains behind now dead cayce ctr nycWritten 3 April 2022
- What a cool place to visit on a Monday morning. Watching my kids feed the animals while we were walking around drinking hot cider. The treewalk was super awesome. Have not seen anything like it before. My toddler had a really cool time.Written 14 December 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Virginia Beach
- The most popular things to do in Virginia Beach with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Military Aviation Museum
- King Neptune Statue on the Boardwalk
- Naval Aviation Monument
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk
- Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge