- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
20 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A craft brewery located at the back yard of the Terho village pub at the center of Mathildedal. The brewery has a wide selection of basic beer styles from pils to stout and saison to strong barley wines and quadrupels. The quality is very good and consistent. You can by beers from the brewery shop. The brewery itself is very small and there is very little to see, you might contact in advance if you want to have a quick look.Written 19 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went with my family on a day trip to the ironworks village, which was a bit similar to Fiskars Village. There were cafes, restaurants and alpacas in Ruukki village. The place was beautiful. Everyone should go there.Written 11 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best museum in Finland to those who interested on history of telephone, radio, TV and home PCs. Salo is home place for Mobira mobile phones later known as Nokia phones.
The production of radio started 1920s and TVS the fifties.Written 12 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On our way from the railway station to the hotel, we noticed this beautiful building.
This 110-year-old wooden house can be rented for weddings, birthday parties, and other occasions.
It is owned by Salo fire brigade.Written 9 June 2019
- The store is quite big and has a wide variety of different kitchen items and decorative pieces. The cafe offers good food and drinks. The only thing needing improvement is the outlet section, which could have offered a wider selection of discounted items.Written 6 September 2020
- This museum is located in an old locomotive shed from 1899 right next to the train station.
In 1998, the old roundhouse was converted into an art museum with respect to the building's history.
The exhibitions are mostly photographic art. On our visit, there was Stefan Bremer's exhibition Velocity.Written 9 June 2019
- An unbelievable knowledgeable guide with lots of experience and extremely friendly. A great day out on the sea, learned a lot! Will recommend this to friends as well!Written 8 August 2017
- These guys are amazing! In the afternoon they picked us up from the small harbor of Mathildedal and drove us to a cute and uninhabited island. There they made an extraordinary, healthy and tasty dinner for us and together we enjoyed the sunset and had a good chat. It was real Highlight for us and if you are staying in Mathildedal or even if you just do a daytrip to this little town, I can highly recommend booking an experience with Kala Tovi! 5 Stars and if we are back we will repeat that amazing Dinner with sunset and sea view for sure!Written 17 February 2020
- I have so good time and just love it. Service Personal kanoon friendly 🇩🇰👍❤️ Smæk alle. Smile det smitterWritten 13 February 2021
- Namila is fun place to be with kids! Slides, tubes, trampolines and game tables are well designed. And for the adiltd there's coffee place to spend time when kids are getting busy.Written 24 February 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Salo