Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Wandered into Inishowen, tourist office, and Monica, who works there was very helpful to my group with maps and information in the local area. Excellent.Written 25 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved the alpaca trek. The alpacas were so friendly, our guide was great, the views were amazing and we got lots of lovely photos. Would definitely recommend this for adults and children! Thank you ☺️Written 19 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great short trip which cuts out a lot of driving especially if you've already been driving for several hours. The trip is only 10 /15 mins and is a good opportunity to stretch your legs between driving time.Written 9 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful military museum set in stunning landscape with great views of Dundee lighthouse next day. Great hiking trails and beaches close byWritten 28 September 2023
- The walk to the waterfall is well-maintained over gravel. The grade is never steep and the bridges are wide with railings. I can't say how a wheelchair would do because the gravel is medium-coarse; skinny wheels might require a lot of effort.
All that said, the journey to the falls is lovely as the valley narrows. And the sounds of the creek rushing over rocks is cathartic.Written 11 September 2023
- Great location, sadly the low cloud restricted the views, but still worthwhile travelling the narrow roads.Written 30 August 2021
- This is the most beautiful beach .. it is up there with the best. We visited in August and it was raining on the way but it cleared up as we arrived.. photos don't do it justice. If you get the chance to visit you won't regret it. Drive up and down is a bit tight. Water is crystal clear and so inviting. Rocks on the beach are very interesting. Small beach but worth the drive.Written 18 October 2023
- Amazing walk with the sound of the river close by.Great fof Seniors and families.
Highly Recommend this Short but beautiful Park.Written 4 September 2023
- Gorgeous beach with stunning views! I'd recommend parking at the wee chapel and walking down to the beach, it's about a 10 minute walk. There is parking further down the lane but hard to turn. Go for a lovely long walk or sit and enjoy the beach! However it isn't safe for swimming due to dangerous rip tides.Written 27 July 2023
- An enjoyable activity but it could be a little bit challenging in places for older family memories. A popular activity for visitors and locals alike.Written 20 August 2023
- Beautiful sandy beach, good parking, water tap at parking so handy to wash Stunning views and easy access.Written 18 October 2023
- What a great place. Well worth a visit and I was very surprised how much was in the museum. And the staff were so friendly and welcoming, I would definitely go again and couldn’t recommend it enough.Written 28 September 2023
- Buncrana Beach is just a part of Buncrana Shore Path . It's a lovely walk , clean and well maintained . Lots of gorgeous scenery , especially when the sun is shining .Written 20 September 2022
- My son stayed at Wild Atlantic Adventure Centre for his primary 7 school trip. With serious food allergies and an allergy to horses, I contacted the centre in advance to see if he could be accommodated.
They were exceptionally helpful and put a lot of effort into discussing food ingredients and options with me. Their effort and kindness made the trip easy and worry free for our son, and for me at home.
He and his friends had an amazing time from the surfing to the mud run on the last day. He loved the freedom and encouragement they all had to try new activities and the little private beach made them all feel safe and secure.
In all, a great location where they had a lot of fun. Thank you.Written 15 September 2023
- My husband, toddler, baby and I checked out this beach on the recommendation of a family member that had stayed in the area the previous week. Even with the tips on how to access it, down a grassy path through the dunes, we missed the parking area for it despite another car being parked there. It is very near the turn off to Dunree Fort. It is a lovely beach. Worth checking out if in the area. However, we were more blown away by the nearby Gap of Mamore and Lenan Strand/Lenankeel beach: check these out if you can. That's Donegal for you though-spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches🏖️🙌🌞Written 5 August 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Inishowen Peninsula
- The best day trips from Inishowen Peninsula according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- DAY TOUR: Highlights of Derry and Donegal
- Mysteries of Inishowen private day tour
- Malin Head and Inishowen Tour