- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
58 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 58
What travellers are saying
- Awesome! Would highly recommend it. Tour guide was very knowledgeable and gave us great information. We have visited a few other caves in the area and this was a favorite.Written 3 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Extremely friendly and helpful staff. They were extremely helpful in starting us on our way for our trip and giving up a lot of helpful advice.Written 9 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- More then pleasantly surpised by the quality and knowledgeable service. Spectacular view of the vines.We had heard from a fellow wine enthusiast about this small and out of the way vineyard and winery. We were really blown away by the quality of both the red and whites. My wife a fan of Sauvignon Blanc and I were impressed with 2021 varietal which was nicely aromatic and well balanced acidity. But my favorite as usual is the vintners blended red which they call 2017 Hodder Hill. The 2019 Cabernet Franc was also bold as we prefer. Their vineyards are up the hill and bask in the sun at from 900-1100 feet with both vertical and horizontal plantings on the top. They back up against the national park and it is below a roadside viewing area on the Skyline Drive. Fall should be an outstanding time. Note. They are small and only allow parties of 4 or less at tasting.Written 11 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This park has wonderful views. If you can time it so you hit the fall color, do so. I also recommend taking some short hikes. If you are willing to spend 2 hours or so, you can get different views, see a waterfall, or just enjoy being outdoors on a pleasant day. Use the park website to get an idea of what to see, based on length and difficulty of hike (watch for some with large elevation changes, or expect to take it slowly). On the plus side, I did not have to worry about surprising any bears. :)Written 18 December 2022
- We got to this winery as it was closing but got to enjoy a glass of wine amidst some amazing views during the fall foliage changing! The staff who helped us were very friendly despite us showing up as they were about to close. We will be back to try this one again the next time we are in the area!Written 23 October 2022
- This is a small museum in the old town part of Front Royal. They have some really interesting artifacts. They also do a great job describing what you are looking at. One thing that stirred my emotions were the memorial placks on the walls. They have a small gift shop with many great books. It is worth a look.Written 21 October 2019
- My wife and I visit the Belle Boyd Cottage every time visit Front Royal, Virginia, which is every time we visit the Shenandoah Valley, which is about once every two or three years. Located at 101 Chester Street, near the Warren Rifles Confederate Museum, behind the Ivy Lodge Museum and Gift Shop, it is one of the oldest buildings in this historic town which serves as the gateway to Shenandoah National Park. President Franklin Pierce once stayed in the cottage. So did Gen. Fitzhugh Lee. According to legend, Boyd was staying with relatives in the house during the Civil War when she overheard strategic information being discussed by Union officers and relied the details to Gen. Stonewall Jackson. Also according to legend, the information was useful in Jackson's victory at the battle of Front Royal in 1862. Later, she was arrested six times and imprisoned three times for allegedly serving as a Confederate spy. In recent years, however, other evidence has surfaced to dispute those facts. Some evidence is based on her highly fictionalized narrative of her war experiences she chronicled in a two-volume book titled Belle Boyd in Camp and Prison. But Boyd survived the war, went on to marry three times, had five children and enjoyed an active stage career. Whatever you believe, she was a very interesting personality. And the cottage remains, thanks to the Warren Heritage Society. See for yourself.Written 4 August 2018
- tucked away just off main st this unassuming little place is a great spot to pop in for a virginia beer (7bucks each) take a look at their beer artifact collection and continue on to Main street front royal. plus they have two great public bathrooms and admission is freeWritten 9 February 2020
- Attended here for mass while visiting the area from out of town. Wonderful, welcoming community. The 8:30 a.m. Sunday liturgy was very reverent and, in my opinion, the best of both the Tridentine and Novus Ordo (Latin propers, Ad Orientum for Eucharist, readings in vernacular facing people, a good mix of both English and Latin Hymns, Saint Michael Prayer, communion at the altar rail). The church was also filled and had many young families. The homily was excellent and on point as well. I wish every Catholic church like this. Architecturally and artistically the church is very nice as well.Written 21 June 2022
- This house is beautiful preserved. They do have some period furniture in the home. You do not see the craftsmanship that it took to build this house any more.Written 21 October 2019
- Was looking for a moderate level hike with my mom (78 years old, thank you very much) and this was ideal. Pretty rocky in some place, and near the top, a little more challenging but great. I'm kind of directionally challenged so better signage along the trail would have been great. Didn't take any wrong turns or anything, however (thanks, mom). Gorgeous views from the "landing" near the top at a cutback, actually ate lunch there instead of at the peak. Too rocky for dogs in a couple places, in my opinion, but would definitely do this trail again.Written 20 November 2019
- I spent hours in this store. It is located in a sweet small town in front royal, Virginia. As soon as I entered the store the owner was very friendly and willing to help. Best part about this store is the large variety of selection and if they didn't have what I wanted at this location the owner has additional inventory with pictures for the special piece I was trying to find. When I was done she gave me advice on good places to eat. Great experience!Written 7 August 2017
- This is the definition of a municipal golf course. Although it is no longer managed by the town, which has been a good thing. The club house has much more of a welcoming feel now. There are excellent areas to sit and relax out doors. The course has two practice greens, one next to the club house. The golf experience is great. Four holes with views of the Shenandoah River. An excellent par five in the two tee 9/18 hole set up. Carts are comfortable, the greens are in very good shape. Sometimes even reach a very speedy condition which can be fun. The course is well maintained, inexpensive and a challange for golfers of all levels. One of my favorite golf courses to play.Written 18 October 2021
- Tough disc golf course, nice playground, multiple picnic areas, permanent corn hole boards (looks to be bring your own bags though).
Played the tough disc golf course. Narrow and hilly, lost 3 discs. But saw plenty of nature, deer, garter snake eating a toad, turtle, pileated wood pecker.Written 2 October 2020
- Have been visiting this park for years when we lived here. Went to the park, and it's still a nice place to gather.Written 30 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Front Royal
Front Royal Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 3:44 AM|