Top Attractions in Greystones
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is a wonderful amenity to have within a few minutes walk from my home but I am a Kerry woman living in close proximity to sandy beaches without steep shelving in my home town. I love this place because I have seen the most beautiful sunrises but I am not a confident swimmer and I don't like the steep shelving. One gets out of one's depth very quickly and while there are lifeguards here I still don't feel safe. That's why I am hoping they will put lifeguards at the Cove next year; less shelving, more safe and gradual sloping into the deep! You cod do the glorious and less travelled walk to Wicklow/Newcastle/Kicoole, parallel to the railway line in quiet terrain without being isolated and where you can observe the Little Terns and the quiet seasons of nature far from motorways and traffic.. just an odd train here and there... They toot if you wave madly like the railway children! This is wonderful and I love it. Thank you Greystones, Kilcoole, Newcastle, Blackditch and, finally, Wicklow. Great way to leave it all behind. Enjoy!Written 15 August 2020
- Attended The 4 of Us Concert last night up from Dublin, staying over locally.
This was our first visit to the Whale Theatre.
Greeted warmly by Manageress who seated us in pre-allocated seating. We were based on the long bank of open seating and had a great view of the stage. A another friendly staffmember then gave us the theatre's Covid guidelines for the concert. The Theatre's accoustics are excellent. There were also complimentary bottles of sparkling Pellegrino available on request which was really appreciated (bar closed temporarily). Both of us had really looked forward, like the other concert goers, to seeing Brendan and Declan Murphy perform live again. Despite the time limit, they gave it their all and it was a brilliant concert.
Afterwards I spoke with the Manageress while buying some of the Groups' merchandise and she was very helpful with a question I had. We have discovered a gem in this Theatre and will be back. The Theatre also suggests local eateries in their pre-concert email and we availed of two of the places suggested while in Greystones. If not for Covid restrictions - would give this place 5 stars. Thank you to all the Staff and wishing the Theatre a great future!Written 22 August 2021
- We had our sons 5th birthday party here this afternoon, and my god, I was blown away by how courteous, polite, patient and accommodating the staff were. 12 kids at 15.95 a head is actually such a bargain. You get an area for the kids, and tables reserved for the parents, unlimited juice and jugs of water, free tea and coffee (nice coffee at that) fruit platters, nuggets, sausages, chips and ketchup, they present the cake you bring and make a huge deal about the child, cut it for you and hand it out, and of course, unlimited play for the kids. The little touches were lovely, when I arrived, they showed me the area they had reserved for the party, and had even put a black bag in the corner for his presents so I could bundle them into one, which I didn’t even have to do, as one of the staff had it done for me at the end of the party before I even had a chance. And a little party sweet bag for each child when they were leaving. The staff were so sweet and accommodating when one of the party had hurt her hand coming down the slide, and it was very minor, but the lovely girl took out the 1st aid box and made the little one feel so much better. Also girls, very nice that you were so observant of all of there names, name tag or not. Thank you to all the staff, I have been before but not for a party, will certainly be recommending you to friends. Thank you from Luca and all his family and friends ❤️🥳Written 30 November 2019
- Delighted with my purchase. Definitely revisiting again next time I am out in Greystones. Thanks to lovely staff!Written 13 June 2022
- The Meridian Point Mall is located right in the centre of Greystones and provides ample parking. The number of units comprising the shopping centre is relatively small but there are some good quality businesses there, including a Costa Coffee concession although their prices are quite steep in my opinion.Written 26 May 2019
- Great tour with an excellent guide, nice hotels, visits to both popular and out of the way sights, and lots of choices for excursions. Would highly recommend.Written 1 August 2022
- Bang in the centre of Greystones just a short walk from the Dart station. Many restaurants and cafes nearby. Unusual decor in the place many big sofas feels like you are more like in your living room than a bar. Pretty busy spot. Age group varies but usually 30 to 40 year olds predominantly frequent here. Service is good staff alright. Sometimes though you get the impression that they feel that they are more important than the customer and that they might be somehow doing you a favour when serving you. Maybe it's an Irish thing. But overall would recommend.Written 29 September 2019
- This gem, next to the Beach House at Greystones Harbour is lovely. The stock a wide range of prints, both artwork and photographic, of local, Wicklow and Irish subjects. Prices go from cards at €4 to full size limited prints. The person I dealt with very informed, very friendly. A great spot to pick up moments of your visit or gifts for friends.Written 21 May 2022
- Eamon was great to get us on a tour to Glendalough the next day. He was on time and showed up with a smile and warm heart. He drove us in a very comfortable car and had waters for us for the day. We were tired from our previous days and he took us to where we wanted to go and a few more beautiful spots along the way. He told us about the history of Ireland and the significance of things which was really great. This is definitely the way to go to see the other parts of Ireland away from Dublin. Thank you Eamon for making it a great day!Written 7 August 2019
- A sweet shop of a by gone era, my childhood days, not very common these days. Just enjoyed a mixed bag of delicious jelly’s, from shelves of different kinds of sweets/ candies. A treat.Written 5 September 2019
- The talented team at AMOC are sensational, from the designs, to the crafting and not forgetting the customer service. Owner and founder Mette, is a visionary when it comes to artistic design, and no wish is too small or too grandiose when it comes to creating personalised items, that is, should you not find something that tempts your desires in the already exquisitely presented displays of AMOC's own designs and finished jewellery. I would recommend this wonderful little gem in Greystones unequivocally.Written 6 January 2018
- I do not play golf, but visited this club after a lovely walk along coast from Greystones.An absolutely beautiful parkland golf coarse on the coast.Clubhouse Bar and Restaurant has a very scienic view of coarse towards the sea,lovely to relax in over a tea or coffee or a nice cold drink as I did. Very Friendly and welcomed even though not a member or golfer.
SWritten 22 July 2019
- If anyone wants a Lovely, comfortable, warm, friendly hotel, look no further than The J London Hotel.
60 Queensborough Terrace.
London W2 3S11.
My husband nd I had been booked into another hotel, which turned out to be a nightmare hotel, after 3 dreadful rooms we left to find somewhere else.
A little way down the road we went into The J London for directions nd found two of the nicest guys (Mr Paulius Rumelaitis and Mr Arturas.) U could ever meet.
We explained the predicament we were in and they said they would try and help us.
They sorted out our problem nd we were shown to a beautiful room.
We will be back in London after Christmas nd will be going back to this lovely hotel.
It's in a great spot, just across the road from Hyde Park.
We wish them every success with the new hotel.
And thank you both and your staff for what you did for us, it is greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten.
John nd LindaWritten 6 October 2017
- For a small shop there is a huge selection of different bits and pieces, If looking for something a bit different you will get here. Service is great, helpful but not pushy, anything ordered for click and collect was so hassle free, Fantastic shop and lovely staffWritten 3 May 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Greystones
- The best outdoor activities in Greystones according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Greystones on Tripadvisor