Top Attractions in Ventry
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We stopped off on a trip around Slea Head, mainly due to Christy Moore’s song about the place! It’s a lovely beach, good parking for a campervan, Jelly fish were in unfortunately but we still enjoyed its beauty.Written 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our tour company chose this event for us and they did not disappoint. The countryside shows how harsh the area is to live but beautiful at the same time. The demonstration was fun to see the two dogs work the sheep, one in English and the other in Irish commands. Worth the stop to walk up to the cottages as well. Well done.Written 4 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful shop, Great range of named mugs. Bought all my family’s names on mugs, along with some nice cereal bowlsWritten 2 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This castle we found by Googling while driving the Slea Head Loop. Takes you to a private residence and there was a bucket at the front door for 2 Euros/per person. Then you walk up the backyard to the castle. There was no one there while we were there, and you are able to walk within the castle. It was a great find, simply beautiful. Worth the drive if you are close. Loved that it was off the grid from all the other tourist spots.Written 11 June 2022
- This fort is right on the cliff edge and, unfortunately, is gradually disappearing over the edge. It is not possible to actually get into the fort (probably for safety reasons but also to prevent damage) but, on payment of a fee, it is possible to walk down to it.
On the other side of the road is a visitor shop but more importantly they show a short AV presentation. This is really helpful in understanding the site and pointing out features you may not otherwise notice. Strongly advise watching it, and probably best before you visit the site itself.
The fort is in a stunning location with fabulous views. Whether you'd enjoy a visit really depends on your interest in such sites (not that you have to be an obsessive to enjoy and find it worthwhile).Written 4 August 2022
- Nice, easy ride along the beaches near Dingle, Ireland. Staff was fantastic. Made everyone feel comfortable no matter their experience level with riding horses. The horses…all gentle giants. A must for those visiting the area.Written 16 July 2022
- We were booked on the full day trip but Mick the skipper cancelled the evening due to poor forecast. We decided to do the morning trip and we were delighted we did. We saw some beautiful animals and it was a real privilege to be allowed to see them in their natural environment.
Richard, the naturalist on the tour, was incredibly knowledgeable and patient with our very basic questions. His enthusiasm was infectious.
If you get a chance do one of these tours.
Mick returned the excess we paid immediately to my card with no fuss.Written 1 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Ventry
- The most popular things to do in Ventry with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Ventry on Tripadvisor