Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Went to the Christmas show with my Grandchildren. Fantastic experience for them, magical setting, excellent interaction by all the team with the kids. Best value around. We'll be back! Many thanks to all involved.Written 3 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are so many wonderful reasons to visit Biddy's cottage, and yet the most important one is simply to meet Biddy herself, who is such a sweet, charming and lovely person. Spending time with her felt like having spent time with a dear friend. Thank you so much Biddy for all your kindness, for being such a gracious host, for the lovely stories, for the amazing food and drinks, and especially for making us feel so welcomed and at home.Written 18 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Dalkey Island in November with the winter sun shining and reflecting off the granite. A real little gem and so peaceful.Written 6 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely EXCELLENT service offered by Ken the Ferryman! We actually ended up being taken over to Dalkey by his brother but we had such a fabulous experience! Everyone in a lifejacket it felt safe and the ride itself was so picturesque. When we saw more seals ahead, our ride even was extended a bit in order to get a good look at all the seals.
We were able to make contact with Ken on the morning we wanted to go over and getting it scheduled was no trouble at all. We left right on time and just gave a call when we wanted to be picked up and the boat was there fifteen minutes later! I am SO GLAD my sister in law told me about Ken's service because this was one of our favorite adventures on our trip to Ireland!Written 11 July 2022
- Bullock Harbour is truly beautiful and we love walking to it regardless of weather. The nature and natural feeling is always enjoyable.Written 2 January 2023
- A nice park to go to on a sunny day. With the best views of Dalkey Island. It is a perfect place for a picnic.Written 23 February 2023
- Coliemore Harbour has become a very popular place for the current fad of sea swimming all year around. It’s a beautiful place and worth a visit.Written 27 February 2023
- Small Park overlooking Sorrento Terrace and Coliemore Road. The views are simply stunning and you can see from Howth down to the South.Written 23 January 2022
- This is a totally AMAZING church!
It's already very impressive from the outside, but it is worth arranging a visit inside.
The goth character and the whole decoration is amazing!
Don't miss it!Written 5 April 2022
- A total pleasure to visit Ann Marie’s garden again today .A birthday treat for our friend .we finished with a decadent afternoon tea .Ann Marie even made a birthday cake ..A warm welcome .A wealth of knowledge shared .fabulous plants ,vegetables ,fruit trees ,colour and scent to feast upon .Lots of questions answered.and even some plants to take away ..Highly recommend a visit here ..Written 21 June 2022
- Muglins Lighthouse sits about 200 meters beyond Dalkey island. The water can be a bit choppy but it’s easy enough to get to visit.Written 23 January 2022
- The Cats Ladder can be hard to find from the Vico Road. It looks like a private entryway. Great walk up to the top and 238 steps.Written 28 November 2022
- Fantastic grounds and amazing view of the loch. Good walks but map showed coloured arrow walks, but the arrows on the post were name of people, just wandered rather followed a set walk, so probably missed parts of the grounds. Good reason to go back. Castle closed but still impressive from the outside.Written 16 August 2020
- Really popular spot for fishermen. Casting off the rocks into Dalkey Sound. Can be very busy. Views are also amazing. Recommended.Written 23 January 2022
- Great church sitting in the middle of the village of Dalkey. Good (paid) parking beside the church. Its worth a visit.Written 10 October 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Dalkey
- The best day trips from Dalkey according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Wicklow Mountains & Glendalough Luxury Private Day Tour
- Dublin City/U2 Private Tour Winner's of the Best Private Tour Company of Ireland
- Private Wicklow Mountains Day Tour
Dalkey Attractions Information