- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Concerts & Shows
27 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Never laughed so hard! Inspectors No Clue was fantastic with interaction with the audience participants. He was quick whitted and clever with all his comments as play unfolded. All the cast members were funny. Hilarious evening not to be missed. Wish I lived in the area so we could go again and again and again.Written 29 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We saw the Spoleto Festival opera “Unholy Wars” at the Dock Street Theatre. Although the production was excellent, with great opera singers, the supertitles were too small, compared to those at the Gaillard Center, where we saw “La Boheme”, so my wife had difficulty reading them and easily following the story. Fortunately, we had attended the Zoom discussion about this opera, so she did have some idea about it. The Spoleto operas are more suitably presented at either the Gaillard Center or Sottile Theatre, than at the Dock Street Theatre, which is ideal for theatrical productions, but not operas.Written 27 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were very fortunate to see two excellent 2022 Spoleto Festival performances, the opera “La Boheme” and Beethoven’s 9th Symphony in the Martha and John M. River’s Performance Hall. Acoustics for both performances were excellent, but I was disappointed to see so many empty seats for the opera.Written 13 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My daughter and I assisted Leonid & Friends (music group from Russia that features the music of Chicago and other similar bands) during their concert at the Music Hall. The venue is perfect for such an event and historic in nature. Be advised that parking is of a premium in the area. However, if the performers are worth it (as L&F certainly are), it is time well spent!Written 5 June 2022
- We are ardent theatergoers, and have attended many productions over the years. My daughter-in-law discovered the 34 West Theater, and four of us attended “Addicted to Love” last night. The four cast members were excellent, as was the production with music that we recall from the 1980s. They offer very inexpensive drinks and snacks that you can enjoy at small tables around the stage during the performance. We will certainly be a regular attendee at their future productions!Written 1 May 2022
- My wife and I have purchased tickets for all of the plays this season. The first play, “A Hidden Life” that we just saw was excellent. The play was well written, and all four actresses were great. We are looking forward to seeing the rest of this season’s plays. There are no bad seats in this theatre, there is plenty of leg room, and more than enough parking adjacent to the theatre. All in all, great plays at very reasonable prices.Written 3 September 2022
- Such an amazing time. Best entertainment in Charleston. You will be amazed and laugh til you cry. Cannot wait to go back.Written 17 September 2022
- My past visits to this historic movie theatre was several years ago to see Charleston Stage performances when their home at the Dock Street Theatre was under renovation. On this latest occasion, it was for our youngest son’s wedding. The ceremony was in the theatre and the reception was in the ballroom. Everything was first class and the 100 or so guests all had a very enjoyable time. My son and his fiancee (now his wife) had selected this venue and I cannot visualize a better one for this happy occasion.Written 24 February 2020
- My daughter and I attended their performance of Cognac and Roses last week. It was soooo good. With a minimal set, they managed to portray vividly many of Edgar Allen Poe's poems and short stories. We were particularly impressed with The Black Cat and The Tell-Tale Heart. Highly recommended.Written 12 June 2022
- We were very fortunate to see the opera “Omar”, part of the 2022 Spoleto Festival at the Sottile Theatre. Fortunately the opera was performed in English (except for small parts in Arabic), since the super titles were smaller than at the Gaillard, and my wife would have difficult seeing them, as she did when seeing “Unholy Wars” at the Dock Street Theatre. Although I prefer to see operas at the Gaillard, seeing “Omar”, with such excellent music, opera singers, and orchestra, worked out very well at the Sottile, and was well received by the almost completely sold out audience.Written 20 June 2022
- I’m in my 20s, I went solo, I had a blast. Wonderful way to spend a tight 1hr 20min on a Wednesday. The voices??? Stellar! I was so beyond impressed and taken aback by the caliber of talent. A fabulous selection of music, woven together by the co-artistic director’s energetic, amusing and educational historical narration. Really great experience — recommending to everyone I know coming to Charleston. Plus, beautiful interior of a church and graveyard.Written 22 September 2022
- We took our 14 yr. old children for their birthday and we all loved the show. We were true skeptics going in but left the show in total awe! Kellar O'Neil keeps your attention the entire show. "Keep the Wonder!"Written 15 May 2018
- Saw Joe Clarke and the Forte Swing Band on 7/19/22 and they did not disappoint! If you like singers and standards and you are in Charleston, you are foolish not to she just this place out! Thanks to Joe and the Band for making our anniversary special!Written 31 July 2022
- Really fun night of comedy at Theatre 99. Like the description says this is an improv show and not stand up, so audience input for the bits is not only encouraged, but basically mandatory for the show's material.
There were two main performances and each were really quite fun. I preferred the second act since it involved more members and was a little more high energy, but I laughed out loud plenty of times for both. The humor varies from troupe member but is very raunchy and of course quick-witted. The troupe playing so perfectly off the audience really makes the whole performance.
Highly recommended for a nice night activity in Charleston.Written 20 June 2022
- This stadium was easy to find parkIng for, the lines went very quickly, and it was very clean. The only thing that made me uncomfortable was the way the upper deck was moving. I would expect a little movement with a sold out show, but not that much. I would go again but won’t sit on the upper deck again.Written 20 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Charleston
- These are the most romantic places for concerts & shows in Charleston:See more romantic concerts & shows in Charleston on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for concerts & shows in Charleston:See more hidden gem concerts & shows in Charleston on Tripadvisor