- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
14 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Recently we attended an indoor round robin softball tournament at this facility.
Much to my surprise, two (2) games were played simultaneously, with room between the two fields. The organization of the event was flawless and the staff was readily available. The facility was clean and well lit. The restrooms were clean and maintained throughout the entire event (even with the large number of athletes present)
Kudos to the owners and staff for this amazing facility.Written 14 February 2019
- Boathouse Run was a great way to spend an afternoon paddling and floating down the Swatara. Mike was on time at the meet up spot and offered history about the creek and area on our drive to the put in spot. He shared some tips and tricks about the creek and paddling and we were on our way. Had a nifty dock where you don’t have to get in the water to get into the kayak. He gave us waterproof cases for our phones so we were able to take pictures comfortably. Some water was glassy and smooth, and there were a couple of parts with a little more current. Mike’s instructions made it easy to navigate and know what to expect. Was a great outing for this mom and 15 yo son.Written 12 October 2021
- A Great Experience When I go to the jnmovies this is the only place in Central PA that I go to. COMFY SEATING great popcorn!Written 16 August 2022
- Hidden gem tucked away and out of sight! Well worth the trip and time spent browsing the large selection of antiques and collectibles. Something for everyone. Friendly atmosphere, clean, spacious. Plenty of parking and entrance around the back of the building. Don’t forget to buy some Seltzer sweet bologna or Easter Eggs!
How long to stay depends on how much you like to look at EVERYTHING!Written 6 April 2022
- This place is worth the stop. Foltz's pretzels are awesome and just a great place to stop for fresh food. During the season, the apple cider is a must have and we freeze it so we can have almost year round. We tried Cheezy Sam's the other day and will definitely return. Reasonable prices and really tasty food.Written 9 August 2020
- My wife and I visited Guliens Massage & Saltroom while staying in Palmyra for one night while traving across the state. This husband (Gulien) and wife (Eve) business was a great find. Eve was very welcoming, friendly, and a great masseuse. My wife said that her massage from Gulien was the best massage she has ever had. The massage room was clean, comfortable & relaxing. The salt room was unique. Prices were very reasonable for a 60 minute couples massage.Written 31 January 2020
- Came across a flyer for the 'Drunken Smithy' upon arrival at our hotel - was looking for something other than the amusement park. This place was PERFECT! We managed to get a last-minute reservation for a workshop that same day. I made a knife, my husband made an awesome looking axe. The entire staff is friendly and knowledgeable, they let you do much of the process yourself but assist enough to keep things moving. Roasting a sausage in the forge after our projects were done was memorable :) And the opportunity to throw axes at the end of the day was the icing on the cake!! Have referred at least 10 people to this place, can't wait to go back and forge on!Written 17 July 2022
- I am an experienced kayak angler with my own kayak and gear. Not having someone to shuttle with has limited my ability to fish Swatara Creek. Cocoa kayaks has solved that problem. I met them at the take, the same as renters do. Loading my 13'6" 84 pound fishing kayak on their trailer was no problem at all. They had plenty of room for my seat and paddle on the trailer, and my cooler and PFD in the van. There were two first timers renting kayaks on this trips. Our host was very knowledgeable about the creek and gave us a good history of it during the drive to the put in point.
At the put in location I listened to the safety lecture. They covered all of the bases quickly and efficiently. The navigation instructions were spot on, and it was clear that our hosts knowledge of the creek was current and thorough. The put in for this trip was at their property, and they had a couple of young guys there to haul the kayaks down to the water, and help people launch. They also have a porta potty that gets less use than those at PFBC ramps.
As I wasn't renting their gear I did not have to be at the take out at a particular time. I took my time, making the nominal 2 hour float last about 3.5 hours, with another 30 minutes of fishing around the take out area. The creek was slow enough there to be able to paddle upstream.
It was an excellent trip. I will definitely be doing it again and plan to try all their trips in the future. If you have your own stuff and need a shuttle on Swatara Creek, or if you are a shore fisherman who wants to try kayak fishing before you buy I highly recommend these guys.Written 30 July 2019
- My wife and I enjoy shopping at different antique shops and this one did not disappoint us at all. It has 2 nice size parking lots, very clean and ordely and the vendors have alot of nice items at reasonable prices.Written 6 December 2021
- Very knowledgeable owner who has the patience to talk with visiting schoolchildren and explain his fossils and unusual stones.
He handled the appraisal of my wife's jewelry thoroughly...also has quite an inventory or reasonably priced jewelry. I have recommended Gemistry to many friends.Written 19 March 2019
- Took advantage of their Senior discounts on Wednesday afternoons - so glad we did! Bowled 3 games each and had a great time. Going to make sure if we're ever off on a Wednesday and want something to do, we're going bowling!Written 5 March 2019
- This small speciality shop is a great source for essential oils, diffusers, scented lights, gemstones, jewelry and more. The owner is extremely knowledable about her products and very hospitable. She stands behind her products. There are a lot of unique and different gift ideas for that hard to buy for person. If you use essential oils, she has a great variety of oils. Definitely stop in, you'll be back.Written 29 March 2020
- General aviation at it's finest. Family owned and operated since 1942, the Reigles have offered the best in flight training and mechanical repairs. An excellent place to start an aviation career, or just learn how to fly for fun.Written 15 March 2017