Public Transportation Systems
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
36 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 36
What travellers are saying
- Tri met MAX is a very good Light Rail System. Goes pretty much everywhere in town, if you ride the bus, too..Written 7 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an inexpensive yet fun activity that only takes a few minutes to go up and then back down the tram. There is a charge on the way up and it is free on the way back down. The tram itself connects parts of the OHSU campus so unless you have business to do at the hospital there isn't alot to walk around at the top. At the bottom there are some trails by the river but it isn't really a tourist spot. However, just the ride itself gives a great view over the city and was a fun excursion. I would suggest it for families with kids as well as anyone who is in the neighborhood.Written 18 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Exploring downtown Portland was very easy on the TriMet- Portland Streetcar. Ticket was $2.50 which allowed 3 hours of on and off access. Tickets can be purchased at the main stops. Streetcars are clean and information is listed in the car and announcements are made prior to each stop. Great was to see Portland without having to walk the entire city.Written 5 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Used the public transit systems for over a week, staying out of town. The staff have been so helpful and knowledgeable. Always pleasant and a credit to the city. Well done.Written 27 July 2019
- A truly amazing place to visit if you like anything to do with trains . See the beautiful locomotive 4449 and see others being preserved for the future . It has a great little gift shop and during the holiday season runs a train of lights . A great day out for the young and not so young .Written 26 September 2022
- Well maintained, very retro railway station. Large seating area, decent travel shop offering souvenirs and snacks, clean rest rooms. Metropolitan Lounge for Amtrak sleeping car, business class, and frequent rider elite status members is available providing a cozier, quieter place for those passengers to await their trains.
The station is easily accessible via MAX light rail, but the immediate neighborhood, sadly, is now a giant homeless encampment, with tents literally everywhere, some blocking sidewalks and other walkways. While I didn't necessarily feel safe walking to and from the MAX, I didn't feel comfortable with the surroundings and the apparent lack of attention by the city regarding doing anything about it. I would not want to walk through this area at night and would recommend that anybody needing to go to or from the station to consider their various options for getting there.Written 12 October 2021
- Punctual, polite, perfect ride in a luxurious sprinter like vehicle with amazing amount of information during the drive by Adam.
We spent one night in Portland before we started the wineries trip to the valley for two days.
Northwest limousine picked us up from Portland right on time and drove us to the wineries for the next two days.
Our driver Adam was like a encyclopedia and educated us about the history of earth and how this continent changed fro ice age to the present times. He reorganized our trip and took us to beautiful spots in the valley.
He was always on time and very polite and helpful.
Rajeev NagpalWritten 23 September 2018
- I think I wrote the first review back in 2015 and these are still my go to guys. Now we are retired and take even more trips and this for us is the best way to and from the airport. Always 5-10 minutes early.
Our returned flight this time was due In at 12:45am but was late and got in closer to 2am.
The rate was the same as if we arrived mid day. There should be a late night surcharge so I paid extra.
How many times do you feel like you were under charged?
Now there is Uber and Lyft in town as well as Yellow cab but nice to have the same dependable guy time after time.
We will use him for two more trips this year. No reason not to.
Large suv, always water available and most importantly on time. The worst feeling is when you are packed and hoping your ride shows up or just want to get home. Never a worry here.Written 23 February 2019
- Did a wine tour 11/19/22 with Audra. She was a great driver, very attentive and super fun. She managed to hear every request while she was driving and was completely on top of all of it. Would highly recommend!!!Written 20 November 2022
- Truly could not have had a better experience with Main Street Drivers! I called after we had another service cancel on us last minute, and James made it happen for us within 24 hours and saved our trip.
Brandy and Aaron were truly the best people to have along with us on our incredible two days and we enjoyed their company like we would a close friend. We had so many laughs with them and even got some awesome recommendations when we had some extra time between tours.
There is no better way to do Oregon Wine Country than with Main Street Drivers!Written 14 September 2022
- See attached picture. Downtown is at fourth and Columbia, not at the transit center which is a mile away.Written 29 June 2022
- - Along all my past visiting to USA, I tried to ride it one time only without success? In this last time, by accident I did to travel from Tacoma.TAC.WA to PortLand.PDX.OR by using “Normal” Class without Seat allocated like Commuter or MTR.
- It’s not Crowded & (2+2) big Size raw Seat system with a large Leg Room +big Table +easy Luggage store at overhead or in designed places +V. big complete Bath Rm. +but v. Noise due many periodic announcements with a high voice.
- I can’t use before either due its bad Web site having v. high Rates compared with the competitive intercity Buses or due the Web itself that is not working especially in the “Payment Page”? and emailing to the Sleeping C.S. without benefit _ Also take care, some their Tickets excluding Bags! …
But, in this time I had a ticket directly from its station in Tacoma after landing in SEA Airport & I can’t find any Bus to go PDX but fortunately the Price was good & Station Employees were excellent.Written 27 October 2021
- If you are handicapped or aged I would suggest using this emailLink : email@example.com You can get any special needs met and they will communicate your needs to the driver that is experienced in communications.
Do not expect the driver to know what you need that may be different from regular everyday fast moving and acting people. Also of course you need a car that would accommodate your needs if you have walker or wheelchair etc.
For all others go go go! any cab will do.Written 28 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Portland
- These experiences are best for transportation in Portland:
- Private Arrival Transfer from Portland Airport PDX
- Portland Departure Chauffeur Driven Transport by Executive Sedan
- Private Departure Transfer to Portland Airport (PDX)
- Portland Arrival Chauffeur Driven Transport by Executive Sedan
- Portland Arrival Chauffeur Driven Transport
- These are the best places for couples seeking transportation in Portland:See more transportation for couples in Portland on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking transportation in Portland:See more transportation for groups in Portland on Tripadvisor