Points of Interest & Landmarks • Religious Sites
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
75 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 75
What travellers are saying
- My wife & I visited this very unique place on Tuesday. Spent about two hours here walking and exploring the grounds. Walked the 300 plus steps up to the top of Prayer Mountain while reading each message on the way up. We did opt to drive to the top of the “Ten Commandments” mountain. There you will find very informative information about the history of “Fields of the Wood” plus picnic tables where you can sit, rest, eat & enjoy the beautiful view. This is a very calm, serene, & stress free place. Good for the soul. Open daily. Free admission (there are boxes for donations which they do need to perform much needed maintenance). Plenty of parking. Restrooms on site. Gift shop & Cafe.Written 1 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful, relaxing place to visit. The kids loved it. There was a trail and if you bring a tube you can float down the creek.Written 31 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Relaxing walk that you can adjust the length and duration of.
We parked at the rail depot and went in and out from that site. There are probably 4 other access points going through town where it seemed more of the locals hopped onto the trail. Take the time to scan the bar codes on the trail markers… they did and great job of providing some history and also letting you know what you were looking at. The majority of the trail was shaded which was a blessing on this hot August day. Enjoy…Written 28 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not sure if luck was on my side but today signed up for The Caeser's Rewards program and got 50.00 in free play. Had fun playing the slots it has great Vegas Vibes I made a profit so that was exciting. They also offer poker tables during the pandemic the casino is smoke free. The machines gave spiritic but exciting payouts.Written 24 March 2022
- This is worth the drive. ( from Murphy we took 294 up to the dam … good signage and then we drove the loop back into town). The dam is a great visual of the dam system… the water drop from Lake Hiawassee to the river was probably 240+ feet. Stunning view of the lake from the observation platform. But time to explore both the river side ( the boat ramp and dam structure) and the lake side. Enjoy…Written 28 August 2022
- This museum was a great surprise. Very interesting and lots to see. We spent a lot of time there and really enjoyed it.Written 22 June 2021
- Great little goat farm run by an older couple. We were able to feed a baby goat by bottle and carrots to the bigger ones. The lovely couple was great at educating us about raising them. Call ahead.Written 2 June 2022
- They have brochures for activities in/around Murphy …. Lots of ideas and useful information … helpful staff.Written 17 June 2022
- This store has everything. If they don’t have it, they will find it or call you when they get it in. The staff is lovely and the owner couldn’t be more hospitable!! Don’t miss this gem!!Written 28 May 2022
- Very interesting alpaca farm. We learned a lot about alpaca’s. It is free, but if you choose to leave a donation, the owners are very grateful. This is how they make their living.Written 31 August 2022
- This is an absolute treasure. When people visit national and state parks they are sometimes frustrated that nature experiences are overwhelmed by attendance. If you are looking for a beautiful, peaceful lake with few other people this is a great stop. Take a picnic lunch, walk the trail, and come back every season of the year for a new experience. There is a nice dock for fishing. There is no cost for admission and the park is open during daylight hours.Written 7 August 2022
- Have lived part time in the area for 7 years and hadn’t been to this winery. After our first visit today, we’ll definitely be going back. Good selection of wines available, the views & vineyard were wonderful and enjoyed visiting with the owner.Written 9 September 2022
- Tons of different things for sale......wear your sneakers, it is a lot to look at.
Loved the wood guy, if you are in need of large solid wood planks for home or office, this is the place to go!Written 14 August 2018
- The chamber had hundreds of brochures on things to do, places to stay, etc. … lots of ideas to do during your vacation!Written 17 June 2022
- Fantastic place to see all sorts of local artist's work. All different mediums. Varied prices. Some very reasonable. Bought several items. Also enjoyed speaking with the man working the counter. Each artist takes a turn manning the store.Written 10 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Murphy