Surfing & Windsurfing • Water Sports
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
8 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Did the night/bioluminescence tour. The biolum is hit or miss, we saw a little bit. But the night time tour alone was great. Calm, peaceful, and an overall cool experience with great tour guides.Written 6 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had such a fun time learning about and catching ghost crabs. My girls caught multiple crabs and kept busy for the duration of the event. Would recommend!Written 15 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Another successful charter with Chad. He is definitely our go to guy when we have family in and want to hit the water and catch fish.
This time Chad targeted speckled trout with live bait. We caught over 35 of them with 14 keepers. Looking forward to getting back out there later in the season.Written 8 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- we went on our 1st st fishing trip it was a blast! Captain West and his Mate Keegan was really professional and committed to getting us fish DOLPHIN! My family and recommend this charter for your fishing trip. See you in July!Written 31 January 2016
- Not sure how to make this not sound like a rant by an unhappy customer, but it is what it is. Here is my brief story....The family and I are excited to rent a skiff for some fishing. My wife, myself and our three young girls (ages 7 to 9). We pick our day, jump online see the reviews and log onto OBXplore.com. We book a 14' boat for 3 hours on Tuesday morning online at about 8am for the following day (Wednesday AM). We are psyched. We go out and rent fishing gear, buy bait, etc...Then we hit the beach to enjoy the rest of the day. I get a phone call at 5:30pm later that day asking me to call or text back to confirm. Happy to have the text option on the beach, we engage in a conversation whereby I am informed that the 14' boat is not big enough for the 5 of us and the larger boat isn't available all week. Nowhere on the website, literally nowhere is there information stating how many people each boat can hold. Not under information, not under, details, not when you go to register and pay for it, even just now I checked again and it isn't anywhere on here. Needless to say, I was not happy at being told at 5:30pm that I needed to scramble to find a boat for the next day before places closed. Shame on OBXplore for not letting me know anytime between 8am when I reserved it and 5:30pm the end of that day. Shame on them for not posting what is clearly relevant information, and shame on me for not calling to find out. Luckily we found a great place to rent from and all was well but still I shouldn't have had too. Not to mention during our text exchange they wouldn't take ownership for their failure to call me earlier, or have for lack of information on their website (is it so hard to so sorry sir, your right that's our fault please call X I am sure they can help you last minute). None of that just a we will refund immediately (well duh of course you will). Anyway, if your a family a 4 or less this is probably a non-issue for you, if your not you have been warned but I always would rather deal with people that own their mistakes, and yes I am biased by my negative encounter...Written 29 August 2016
- We had a non beach day and were seeking something to do. We found this Peanut shop when we ate at Captain Frank's Hot Dogs. There were an amazing amount of peanuts and candies. the peanuts were from North Carolina and Virginia in a wide array of flavors. there was something for everyone. Free samples. Candy from my childhood like Chuckles, Wax bottle juices, Necco's and much more. Peanuts ranged from regulare plain to caramel and ghost pepper. A cna't miss visit for those seeking new and different candy and peanuts.Written 6 September 2017
- Putt putt was fun,the guy running the putt putt let us play even though we had a small dog with us,but we were the only ones playing.The driving range was a decent place to hit a bucket of balls, and the guy running this let me hit from the far left,on natural grass under some trees,in the shade. This place has good potential,it needs a little more work,but it is a nice place to spend the day.All of the folks working there were nice and accomadating.Written 20 July 2016